DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > CPUs & Motherboards

Old 04-02-2006

NewbieMcNewb is on a distinguished road
Default How can I identify my motherboard?

It's in what was originaly a store bought Compaq, but has since been upgraded a bit (hence the reason I want to update the CPU & Mobo drivers). New videocard, new modem, etc (will these aftermarket parts be a problem if I update my BIOS and/or mobo?). I use Windows XP Professional with SP2 (the computer originally came with Home Edition).

It has an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ 1.6Ghz(I can't seem to find drivers for this either, not even on AMD's site. Maybe because it's too old?).

Here are some numbers off of labels on the mobo (if there's a better way of finding out the mobo type, I'd be glad to hear it):

5187-2113 (I'm not 100% sure that's a dash, it may just be a speck of something that ain't coming off. if it's not a dash, then tehre's a space there.)

K01235050014 BOM VER1.3.06

AM35306

LAN_ID 0040CA2F1989

KML2803186 AM35-L

Please note that I'm not neccesarily requesting drivers (I keep getting login errors when I try to post in the Request forums), more like requesting how so I can find them myself (feel free to post links, however^^).

thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2006
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: How can I identify my motherboard?

here's a great free download. Everest Free Edition V2.2

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

that will identify your motherboard, chipset, and even run benchmarks
it's great. regards

Last edited by Jerry K : 04-03-2006 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2006
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I identify my motherboard?

Try using a software called HW32INFO... it will give you detailed information about all your hardware.
Old 04-08-2006
Don

Default Re: How can I identify my motherboard?

First, you will not find drivers for the AMD processor, you dont need any!
Your system is not that old! This is a OEM board and any bios upgrades must come from Compaq (HP). There is very little differance between XP Pro and XP home. If the drivers worked in home they will work in pro!
So what compaq model is it? As far as who made the mobo it doesnt make any differance, chances are that most of the drivers will be in the XP drivers cab files! Chances are that it would be a easy system to upgrade.
Everest Home is a good tool, however, it will still show it as a Compaq!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]