DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Hewlett Packard (HP)

Old 09-01-2012

pascontent is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) dvd writer 530r (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard (HP)
Model: dvd writer 530r
Interface: IDE
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: Not specified
FCCID:

Type of drive: dvd-r/cd-rw (dvd burner, dvd reader, & cd burner combo)
What recording software are you using?: Nero/version

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Hewlett Packard (HP)
Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) dvd writer 530r (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Optical drives never require a driver when used in any Windows os from Win95 up. Windows XP, Windows Vista, & Windows 7 all provide native support that allows an optical drive to read a data or music disk and to burn a cd-r disk. No support for playing dvd disks, avi or mpeg video files, or for burning cd-rw or dvd disks. For those tasks, compatible 3rd. party recording & dvd decoding software is required. All modern optical drives are plug and play in all Windows OS's beginning with Windows 95.

If your drive has a SCSI interface, the SCSI Controller must be installed properly (via a driver) and displayed in Device Manager. Once accomplished, a SCSI drive becomes 100% plug and play just like SATA and IDE drives.

If your drive has a SATA interface, you'll need to locate/install a driver for the SATA controller before Windows XP can see/detect/auto-install the drive.

If your drive has an IDE interface and if your problem is non-detection, ie: drive is not listed in My Computer, and/or you get the following error message: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing (Code 39/19), this is a registry problem. There's 5 different methods to fix this problem.... take your choice from below: (Note: All 5 fixes do exactly the same thing so there's no need to use more than one fix.) Warning: Do not apply any of these fixes to optical drives having SATA or SCSI interface.

Fix #1: Please read post #24 in this thread: http://forums.driverguide.com/showth...t=21669&page=4

It contains manual instructions on the delete the upper and lower filters fix, that will solve the problem.
If only one of the two filters are listed, just proceed with deleting the one only, then resume.
Alternately, you can use any of the other fixes listed below: (Fix #3 is the easiest of all to use)

Fix #2:
Also, there is a STICKY posted in this forum that contains a file from Microsoft and instructions that will do this registry edit automatically instead of having to do it manually.
You can find this thread here: http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=30011

Fix #3: - (recommended fix)
And here's another method (CdGone.zip) that will do this procedure automatically for you if you're afraid to edit the registry manually.
Code:
http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=22131 (automatic fix, post #7, download file: CdGone.zip) Unzip the file, then launch it. I highly recommend this fix to use over the others. It's quick and requires no skill to use.

Fix #4:
Alternately, download and install the DVD fix from this Web site: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs

Download the file and save it to Desktop. Open an "admin" Command Prompt
Note: You must copy and paste (into Notepad) the text on the Doug Knox page then save it as xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs
then run the .vbs file by typing the following at the console window:

wscript.exe "%userprofile%\desktop\xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs"

Now.... after performing this fix, don't reboot yet. Next, (in Device Manager), uninstall all optical drives listed
(if none are listed, continue with next step)...

Reboot the pc or "scan for hardware changes". Your drive(s) should now be visible in My Computer and work properly.
If the drive still fails to work properly after performing any of these fixes, it most likely will need to be replaced.

Also, for optical drive problems in Windows Vista, read this HP web page.

Even though it's for HP/Compaq machines, the same principals applies to all modern IDE optical drives regardless of brand.

If your drive stopped working after installing an Adobe product, please read this thread. Note: about 2/3rds. down the page
is a video that shows how to perform the "delete upper and lower filters fix".

This is a multi-page thread dealing with issues of the optical drive and problems encountered in Windows XP and Vista.
It covers a lot of issues and the most common causes and solutions. Click here to read the thread.

You can get instructions for performing this fix from Microsoft at this page [in Windows XP] and from this page. [in Windows 2000]

Fix #5:
And recently, Microsoft started an online MS Fix-it program that will duplicate the "delete upper and lower filters fix" shown above.
Instructions are posted here:
Code:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B314060&x=12&y=13
and here: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd...problems/en-us

The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that you upgraded to Windows Vista
Old 01-10-2013

blsev is on a distinguished road
Question Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) dvd writer 530r (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

I use a Compaq Presario C300 series Notebook PC.
The DVD ROM is also a CDRW and a DVD Burner. The Model is:
Slimtype DVD A DS-8A1H ATA Device

Recently, I have discovered that the drive no longer burns DVD's. It will burn CD's and will read both, DVD's and CD;s.
I have also discovered that this seems to be a common problem with this very same drive model. I discovered this when I typed the model # into a search engine, with hopes to find a solution and restore the drive's DVD burning capabilities.

Another commonality is the fact that this loss of function occurred after I, and all of the other reporters of this problem, installed the operating system, "Windows 7".
I have noticed dates of the many reports vary and some are actually too old to have occurred after installing Windows 7. Therefore, I don't think the problem is directly related to Windows 7. However, I 'do' think it is related to the intallation of a different operating system, somehow.

Please reply with any suggestions, ideas, and/or solutions for this problem.

I appreciate and thank you for your consideration and any assistance you may provide towards resolution of my problem.

Sincerely,
Bruce L. Sevier
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]