DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Network Adapter Request Board

Old 07-14-2012

CharlesEF is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom BCM43222 mini-PCI a/b/g/n A241-431801R-02 Dual Band (Windows XP Professional)

Hi All,

I installed a 'Broadcom BCM43222 mini-PCI a/b/g/n A241-431801R-02 Dual Band' device into my Sony VAIO PCG-K37 laptop. I have WinXP Pro SP3 installed with all updates.

The 2 files I found are:
1. From this site - BROADCOM_ABGN_DD-WRT.zip
2. From another site - broadcom_wifi_5.10.79.14-xp.exe

Both files appear to install until the end. Both report an 'Invalid installation section in the INF' error message. Device Manager shows error 28. This leaves my wireless device not working.

Maybe my laptop is too old? Windows does see the device and pops up the installation wizard but it fails with the above error message.

Does anyone know of another driver I can try? Or, any other ideas that might point me in the right direction.

Thanks for any help,

Charles

Support Information:
Device Type: Network Devices
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Model: BCM43222 mini-PCI a/b/g/n A241-431801R-02 Dual Band
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: Not specified
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Broadcom
Sponsored Links

Old 07-14-2012

CharlesEF is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom BCM43222 mini-PCI a/b/g/n A241-431801R-02 Dual Band (Windows XP Professional)

Hi All,

I wanted to report back that I found a way to install the drivers that worked. This is what I did:

First, I had to install file #2 from my first post. I had to use the old way to install, pick the device from a list which was 'Network Adapters'. Then I had to click the 'Have Disk' button and point to my installation directory. Windows told me the hardware was not compatible but I went ahead anyway. When finished I had version 5.10.79.14 installed.

Second, I updated the drivers with file #1 from my first post. I had to install the same way as above but it seems to have worked. I now have version 5.60.350.11 installed.

I have noticed that when I click on the 'Driver Details' button I get 1 file listed and it has a version number of 5.10.79.14. I have also noticed that the locations added in BROADCOM_ABGN_DD-WRT.zip show up with percent signs before and after them. Example: On the 'Advanced' tab Location shows up as %Location% and the options show up as %UnitedStates%, %Germany% and %Japan%.

I do not know if this matters maybe someone else knows?

Thanks for your time,

Charles
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]