DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Toshiba

Old 04-21-2012

WheatThins is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba Satellite C655 S5049 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Hi, I'll start by pasting my hardware id string.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A43&SUBSYS_FDE01179&REV_07\3&B1B FB68&0&11

I need a graphics driver for Windows XP for my Toshiba Satellite C655-S5049.

Every google result I have come across wants me to pay for a recovery disk that may or may not be legitimate, or is a forum thread that was abandoned or ended without detailing how they fixed it.

I have every other driver working on here, and if anyone needs the hard to find driver for Audio or Wireless for this machine, I will be happy to supply it if you e-mail me.

Here's the hardware id string for the VGA compatible video controller as well.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_FDE01179&REV_07\3&B1B FB68&0&10

I would like to get this monitor running at 1920x1080 res again soon.
I hate 1024x768.

Sadly Toshiba never shipped XP with this machine, and has little to no support for it.

Support Information:
Device Type: Graphics / Video Adapter
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: Satellite C655 S5049
Interface: USB
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: Not specified
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Toshiba

Last edited by WheatThins : 04-21-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-21-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba Satellite C655 S5049 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

If Toshiba doesn't have a driver posted, I suspect ur out of luck since generic drivers don't usually work on a laptop pc.

8086 = Intel

2A43 = Intel 4 Series Mobile (Laptop) Graphic adapter

If you are unable to get a driver from your laptop maker, then you might try this one from Intel:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ipset+F amily
Old 04-21-2012

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba Satellite C655 S5049 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
If Toshiba doesn't have a driver posted, I suspect ur out of luck since generic drivers don't usually work on a laptop pc.

8086 = Intel

2A43 = Intel 4 Series Mobile (Laptop) Graphic adapter

If you are unable to get a driver from your laptop maker, then you might try this one from Intel:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...ipset+F amily

I ended up downloading this one from the given link.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...Chipset+Family
It works fantastically, save for one problem. It only lets me display 1366x1024 instead of my 1920x1080 res I had in Windows 7. Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited by WheatThins : 04-21-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2012
Super Moderator

idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba Satellite C655 S5049 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Unfortunately, no. It must be done with a correct driver. That was the only driver I was able to find.

Don't you have a was to restore to original with a restore disk set or a hidden partition on the hard drive?
Old 04-22-2012

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba Satellite C655 S5049 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Unfortunately, no. It must be done with a correct driver. That was the only driver I was able to find.

Don't you have a was to restore to original with a restore disk set or a hidden partition on the hard drive?

No, the machine was originally a Windows 7 machine that I formatted and wiped entirely clean.
The only currently hidden partition I have is Ubuntu, because I still need to install grub manager. I had to format the seven partition because for some reason, the only working thing about this laptop was BIOs. If I tried to let it pass that, it would just freeze and give me a blinking cursor in the top left. I have a Windows 7 serial and product key, I just don't have a disc or iso for it.

I have the feeling someone else will eventually come across this thread in the Google index who has a similar problem. All the ones I came across were filled with people fixing their problem without saying how. Is it alright if I upload the pack of working drivers for this machine as a .rar file?

Either way,
That is all.

Last edited by WheatThins : 04-22-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-23-2012
Super Moderator

Sure, or you can upload them one at a time if you wish. Someone will need them and they will have you to thank.
Old 04-26-2012

I uploaded it via the upload button at the bottom, but sadly it does not make a link on this page. Hopefully anyone looking for these drivers that comes upon this thread via Google will use the search bar above.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]