DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > LiteOn Technology

Old 04-17-2012

dewalker2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation [Premium Member] DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PV9N (Windows XP Home) [Firewire / 1394]

Thank you to whom ever get acquire this driver for my pc. my dvd rw will not play a dvd or cd. it will eject and powerup, but at my computer recognizes it is as a cd drive and if i go to the device manager it comes up as LITE-ON DVDRW SHW 160P6S.
the current driver details i have is
file version: 5.1.2600.5512(xpsp.080413-2108)
driver date: 7/1/2001
driver version: 5.1.2535.0

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: LiteOn Technology
Model: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PV9N
Interface: Firewire / 1394
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Type of drive: dvd-r/cd-rw (dvd burner, dvd reader, &amp; cd burner combo)
What recording software are you using?: Nero/version

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer LiteOn Technology
Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: [Premium Member] DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-160P6S PV9N (Windows XP Home) [Firewire / 1394]

Nothing special is needed to play a data or music disk.... Windows XP provides native (eg: built-in) support that allows it to read a data or music disk. However, to play a dvd disk, you must have a MPEG-2 decoder software installed (like VLC Player which is free), Cyberlink's PowerDVD, or Intervideo's WinDVD. There are more than a dozen other dvd decoder software's available as well.

Are you saying that the name of the drive (in Device Manager) does not match the actual drive name or something else? Has it ever showed the correct name in the past? What I need to know is this: Is the drive listed in "My Computer" and does the drive icon in Device Manager show any flags which represents a problem? If you can answer these questions, I might be able to help further.

If you want to try a registry edit (to solve the problem of drive is not listed in My Computer), then read any of my other posts in this forum and you will find instructions on how to do so.

Also, you might have the wrong IDE driver installed for the drives controller adapter. Try un-installing the IDE adapter driver (in Device Manager) and without restarting the computer, un-install all drives listed under CD/DVD Drives section of Device Manager. Then reboot and allow Windows to re-install all the hardware devices. It does so without user intervention... all you have to do is reboot the pc after un-installing those listed devices. After a reboot, check to see if everything is ok in My Computer and Device Manager.

And fyi, internal drives do not have FireWire interfaces... this particular drive has an E-IDE interface, not a Firewire / 1394 interface.

Last edited by Jerry K : 04-17-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]