DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > NEC

Old 11-07-2011

SyberiaWinx is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: NEC NEC DVD RW ND-2500A (Windows XP Professional)

This is probably in the wrong section, but I figure this is the closest there is. And it was a topic in this section that helped me with the first part of this problem.

I just got this new computer tower from a neighbor. The DVD/CD drive wouldn't show up in My Computer, and there was a problem with it. I ended up fixing this by using the solution on here and deleting the upper and lower filters. Now the drive is showing up, but there is a new problem:

It won't register on it's own that there's a disk in there. When I click on the drive, it says that I need to insert a disk. When I eject and slide it back in, the DVD-ROM and CD-ROM switch between one another. I was able to get the stuff to appear by clicking on "Populate" under the drive's properties. But it takes a few steps to do this and when I click on the disk, it just takes me to the stuff inside the disk, instead of starting it automatically. And I'm trying to install a game, and when it comes to the part where you have to insert the next disc, I'm having difficulty doing it, because it won't register what's on the new disk. What do I do?

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: NEC
Model: NEC DVD RW ND-2500A
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Type of drive: cd-rw, dvd (rewriter &amp; dvd rom combo)
What recording software are you using?: Other

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer NEC
Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2011

SyberiaWinx is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: NEC NEC DVD RW ND-2500A (Windows XP Professional)

Can no one help me?
Old 11-07-2011
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: NEC NEC DVD RW ND-2500A (Windows XP Professional)

Why do you reckon' the neighbor gave his computer away? Could it be because the optical drive quit working? In the drive settings there's a box that must have a check mark where it's says "Autorun" or "AutoStart" disks inserted into the optical drive. Also insure that the optical drive has not been disable in some setting.

At this point you have 2 options:

1) Install the drive into a 2nd. computer and test it.
or
2) Install a different optical drive.

The first thing I'd try is check to make sure the cables and jumpers are connected properly.

Also, how did it come about that your neighbor gave you a "new" computer? Did you see him kill his wife or beat his kids and your holding that over his head?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]