DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Toshiba & Laptop

Old 09-13-2011

nbarclay is on a distinguished road
Question Toshiba Satillite M305D

I need help , this laptop will not let me in to send it to factory restore . Is there a secret to doing this. It will not load into windows at all . I don't have the disc either.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2011
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Toshiba Satillite M305D

Read the instruction manual that comes packaged with the laptop computer... it will tell you how to do a restore. It may also have a link in the Start Menu that can be clicked on to start the restore process. It will be impossible to do unless you have restore disks or install files on a hidden partition of the hard drive. If you have neither, then you won't be able to do a restore.... in which case, Toshiba Tech Support should be able to help you. I don't know the exact steps used on a Toshiba but with my HP laptop, I can start the restore process by pressing the F10 button during bootup. Most laptop makers have different keystroke to start the restore process. Nearly every pc comes with a recovery drive but every one has a different key to press upon boot. If this doesn't work, either call Toshiba or use Google for Toshiba recovery partition.

I'm having to consult my memory for Toshiba laptops but I believe this will be the steps:

"To access the Toshiba recovery partition, power off the laptop. Hold down the 0 (zero) key and turn the laptop on. Keep holding down the zero key until the TOSHIBA logo appears, where you should start tapping the zero key repeatedly. Stop if the unit beeps or when the TOSHIBA logo disappears. The screen should flash ** HDD RECOVERY MODE ** for a split second, then load the Toshiba recovery program right from the hard drive.

Note that this erases all data, and reloads all factory default software. Be sure to back up all your important personal data beforehand!"
Old 09-13-2011

nbarclay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toshiba Satillite M305D

I will try this thank you
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]