DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Toshiba

Old 08-26-2011

koreeloree is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba TS-L633 version c (Windows 7)

I got an asus notebook pc purchased from geeks.com. Its a K50IJ model. Everthing works fine except for the cd/dvd drive. It's running on windows 7 os. The drive wont read any disk. I've tried updating the firmware and reinstalling the drivers. I also tried disabling the harddrive to see if the drive would work off a boot disk. Its a Toshiba disk drive dvd writer model: TS-L633 version c. The drive has never worked. It a SATA drive....some one please help

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: TS-L633 version c
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows 7
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Type of drive: dvd-r/cd-rw (dvd burner, dvd reader, &amp; cd burner combo)
What recording software are you using?: Other (Other: roxio)

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Toshiba
Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2011
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba TS-L633 version c (Windows 7)

Optical drives (regardless of which interface they have) never require a driver when used in Windows OS's up thru Windows Vista and 7. They are a 100% plug and play device once the SATA controller driver is installed. It appears you either have a defective drive or the system is lacking the proper SATA hard disk controller driver. Or it could have a dislodged cable.

And optical drives are not installed by "installing a driver", the system installs the drive (and it's driver) automatically without user intervention once the SATA controller driver is installed and shown in Device Manager as "working". And you don't get an optical drive to work by disabling the hard drive... that trick is done by enabling the optical drive in BIOS setup. A boot disk will never work on a SATA interface optical drive until the SATA controller driver is installed. Just make sure the SATA controller is not disabled in BIOS setup.
Old 03-15-2012

ShaneBro is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba TS-L633 version c (Windows 7)

I am also looking for the same. I have also search lots on the Toshiba website but I have not get the well response from that. I have also contact my friends for this but they also not know about it.
Old 03-15-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneBro
I am also looking for the same. I have also search lots on the Toshiba website but I have not get the well response from that. I have also contact my friends for this but they also not know about it.

It appears that you didn't even take the time to read my previous response. The way you get a SATA drive to work is to install the driver for the SATA controller adapter.
Old 04-05-2012

BreadHog is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba TS-L633 version c (Windows 7)

I think you have to go on the Toshiba's online help and support centre where you can get any information about this driver and you have also allowed to download the latest version of it.
Old 04-05-2012
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreadHog
I think you have to go on the Toshiba's online help and support centre where you can get any information about this driver and you have also allowed to download the latest version of it.

Again, show me that driver!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]