DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Advent

Old 07-10-2011

SomeKindOfWizard is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Advent Quantum Q100 (Windows 7)

I'm looking to get my laptops integrated webcam working, as it hasn't done so in the time I've had it. The laptop does not even seem to detect that the webcam is there.

Pressing fn+f7 is meant to turn the webcam on/off, but when I do so it pops up "No Function". With some searching, I discovered that this may be due to a missing driver; yet I cannot seem to find it anywhere and the advent website seems to be a tad useless.

Thanks in advance. Even if it's discovered that it's unfindable, at least I'll know not to keep wasting time going crazy over it.

Support Information:
Device Type: Digital Camera
Manufacturer: Advent
Model: Quantum Q100
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows 7
Age of Device: < 6 months old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Advent
Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2011
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Advent Quantum Q100 (Windows 7)

Did you not receive a restore disk with this machine or a hidden partition on the hard drive containing drivers? I see you're describing a notebook computer instead of a WebCam.... Stating some info about the camera itself is much more important than a notebook model number as we have no clue what webcam the manufacturer installed in your notebook.

Did you check the support site prior to posting? All official service and support is handled by Knowhow (basically "The Tech Guys" under a new name), their website is http://www.knowhow.com/).

The only other way I can help you is for you to provide the hardware id string visible in Device Manager by double-clicking the webcam (it may be listed under "Unknown" hardware), click the Details tab, select "hardware ids", then give me the resultant string that appears... it may start with USB\VID but could be different since it's an internal webcam (1st. line of text only).
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]