DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Intel & Sound Card

Old 06-11-2011

adobo2768 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Intel Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (Windows 7) [PCI / ISA]

May I request for Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller. Thank you very much.

Support Information:
Device Type: Sound Card
Manufacturer: Intel
Model: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller
Interface: PCI / ISA
Operating System: Windows 7
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

[url="http://members.driverguide.com/driver_search.php?initial=1&ref=request_builder&q= Intel%28r%29+82801BA%2FBAM+AC%2797+Audio+Controlle r"]Find it on DriverGuide[/url] | [url="http://www.google.com/custom?client=pub-4727129938051271&forid=1&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&flav=0001&sig=t06hRycrxd-fw_05&q=Intel+Sound+Card++Intel%28r%29+82801BA%2FBAM+A C%2797+Audio+Controller+Windows+7+"]Find it with Google[/url] | [url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=getinfo&companyid=496"]Research manufacturer Intel[/url]
Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2011
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (Windows 7) [PCI / ISA]

There is no such audio chip as Intel 82801. But you would have known this had you taken a few minutes to read the dozens of threads identical to yours. Several of which are STICKIES posted near the top of this forum and marked with the word "Sticky".

Sound chips are made by companies like Realtek, Cmedia, ADI SoundMAX, VIA, and IDT (formerly Sigmatel). They are marked as follows:

Realtek = ALCxxx
Cmedia = CMIxxxx
ADI SoundMAX = ADxxxx
Via = VTxxxx
IDT = Stacxxxx

Where "x" represents a number from 0 to 9

The proper way to ask for a sound driver is to include the motherboard/computer brand and model that it's integrated into. Along with the hardware ID string visible in Device Manager by double-clicking the sound device, click the Details tab, give me the 1st. line of text that starts with PCI\VEN. Also, the request should include a valid sound chip name and number.
Old 08-05-2012

bcowand is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (Windows 7) [PCI / ISA]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
There is no such audio chip as Intel 82801. But you would have known this had you taken a few minutes to read the dozens of threads identical to yours. Several of which are STICKIES posted near the top of this forum and marked with the word "Sticky".

Sound chips are made by companies like Realtek, Cmedia, ADI SoundMAX, VIA, and IDT (formerly Sigmatel). They are marked as follows:

Realtek = ALCxxx
Cmedia = CMIxxxx
ADI SoundMAX = ADxxxx
Via = VTxxxx
IDT = Stacxxxx

Where "x" represents a number from 0 to 9

The proper way to ask for a sound driver is to include the motherboard/computer brand and model that it's integrated into. Along with the hardware ID string visible in Device Manager by double-clicking the sound device, click the Details tab, give me the 1st. line of text that starts with PCI\VEN. Also, the request should include a valid sound chip name and number.

i realize that this is true: "There is no such audio chip as Intel 82801" but he never claimed it was. Ahem, if you would only have taken the time to READ his request without just passing it off as another usual request then you would have read that "Intel 82801ba/bam ac'97 audio controller" was written. NOT "INTEL 82801 audio chip" normally i wouldnt take time to reply or post a protest to how you responded to this but it really really made me mad that there are moderators who think there is only mods and then there is all that exist below them. but all that aside i checked in the control panel/properties for the sound device manufacturer, and guess who is listed as manufacturer? yup, intel. (but i do also acknowledge that my mobo is made by HP). so lastly

"Sound chips are made by companies like Realtek, Cmedia, ADI SoundMAX, VIA, and IDT (formerly Sigmatel). They are marked as follows:

Realtek = ALCxxx
Cmedia = CMIxxxx
ADI SoundMAX = ADxxxx
Via = VTxxxx
IDT = Stacxxxx "

what one of the above you listed does "ac'97" fall into?
all i want to know is, is there an audio driver for my:

make: HP Pavilion 04
model: P5269A-ABA 7955
sound device: Intel 82801ba/bam ac'97 audio controller
PCI/VEN string: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2445&SUBSYS_806A1043&REV_12\3&61A AA01&0&FD

thank you guys.

p.s. i'm just askin', and i'm just sayin'
Old 08-05-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (Windows 7) [PCI / ISA]

AC'97 is not a chipset number or name.... it's simple a term adopted by Microsoft in 1997 defining sound specs for sound chips built between 1997 and 2007. In 2007 Microsoft invented a new technology for sound replacing "AC'97 with "HD", (eg: "High Definition"). The term "AC'97" could apply literally to ALL sound chips made between those 2 dates. So you could say it's a generally broad term that includes lots of sound chips made by the manufacturers listed in my earlier post.

The only way to see if such a driver is available is to visit the manufacturers website and see for yourself. I did and failed to find a "sound driver" listed for the Pavilion 7955 Desktop PC.

[url]http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html[/url]

According to your posted hardware id string, this system contains a ADI SoundMAX chipset but I don't know which one. Intel does not make sound chips even though they post sound drivers on their website. A very popular SoundMAX chipset is the ADI1981/SIS7012. You can try the driver I posted for another member in this thread:

[url]http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=40766[/url] (post #7)

or you can download the file direct from this url: [url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1870278[/url]

This driver matches your hardware id string pretty close so it should work for you. Now you can get glad in the same shoes you got mad in. I will also expect an apology for trying to trash my reputation. If you fail to do so, I will ban you permanently. I didn't have to read the wording to know that I could not help him based on the lousy hardware description. And I am also man enough to give you good reps for posting adequate info in your post. Very few do that.

At the same time, I realize the OP asked for a Windows 7 driver. I doubt you will find any Windows 7 driver for any AC'97 compliant chip.... but you can try it to see.

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-05-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]