I have looked through the forums and haven't seen anything like this specific situation.
A workstation running XP Pro sp3 has a SH-S223Q (a SATA super writemaster) drive that is behaving strangely.
The drive can recognize and read/play cd's. However, it cannot write to them. I notice in the My Computer listing only the dvd-RAM drive shows up. I have tried the following:
1. installing dvd burning software (cd burner xp and imgburn)
2. removing the device using the device manager so that it could be re-installed.
3. editing the registry and removing the upper and lower filter registry keys, then removing the driver, then rebooting so that it could be re-installed.
4. applying microsoft hotfix KB932716
5. re-assigning drive letters (some partitions were hogging the letter assignments that would have been needed to list the dvd-ram drive and the dvd drive sequentially) removing the device and then rebooting and re-installing
i think i will see if the bios needs to be flashed and maybe try a linux live cd and see if i can burn with the drive that way.
any other ideas?
Device Type: CD / DVD
Model: SH-S223Q SATA
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 2 years old
Type of drive: dvd-r/cd-rw (dvd burner, dvd reader, & cd burner combo)
What recording software are you using?: Other (Other: cd burner xp)
Find it on DriverGuide
| Find it with Google
| Research manufacturer TSST