DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Everex

Old 08-02-2010

Shadow Lord is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Everex MegaCube 486DX/50 w/ EV-18113 MotherBoard (Other)

Hello,

I am looking for the EISA Configuration utility and/or EISA CFG and OVL files for this MB. The MB is circa 1992. The original package from Everex would have been called DL-EISA_B01.EXE. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Support Information:
Device Type: BIOS / Motherboard
Manufacturer: Everex
Model: MegaCube 486DX/50 w/ EV-18113 MotherBoard
Interface: Other
Operating System: Other
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Everex
Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Everex MegaCube 486DX/50 w/ EV-18113 MotherBoard (Other)

That was a super-computer back in the 486 era (ie: circa mid 80's to early 90's) but I'm afraid the only place you'd find these driver files is in some storage building containing old boxes of floppy disks (which probably couldn't be read now) or perhaps the Smithsonian or some other museum. Besides a few small hard drives, floppies and some expensive Iomega media was the only storage medium back then. I'd guess and say your chances are about 1 million to 1 in finding these driver files (but hopefully will be better). Everex is no longer offering files on the internet (at least I wasn't able to find any) and even websites like: http://www.elhvb.com/mobokive/Archive/index.html no longer carry Everex files.

I may very well have these files on some old floppies I've had in storage for close to 20 years but there's many IF's. The 3 biggest IF's are:
1:If I can find them and
2: if they can still be read and
3: if and when can I find time to go look? I've had failing health since 2005.

I also have about 20 (or so) of the old Iomega 10 gb disks filled with old driver files but I don't know if there's any device left in this world to read them or not and again I don't know for sure that I have these files. I probably have some cards in storage that would work in that classic but again it's been too many years since I had hands-on with any of those old relics. I've gotten old since then and don't have memory like I used to.

I'd love to help just for the sakes of saying I had a hand at restoring a classic computer. Perhaps some other old-timer or classic restorer will be able to help you out.

I did some Googling for them and was only able to come up with these links that might offer some assistance down the road:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcfo...of-Eisa-config

http://www.artofhacking.com/th99/m/E-H/31575.htm

Good luck with the restore job. I hope to see it (or one like it) in a computer museum or private collection before I leave this world.

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-02-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2010

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Everex MegaCube 486DX/50 w/ EV-18113 MotherBoard (Other)

Jerry,

Thanks for the offer. Yes, I remember reading about this computer in a Jerry Pournelle column way back when and drooling so when it came up on e-bay, even in a non-working condition, I had to grab it. I've been trying to restore the PSU w/ help from the guys on Vintage-Computers and we have found a number of EISA CFG and OVL files for Everex MB but alas none for this board.

I'd appreciate any help you can give but please take care of your self and your health first and foremost. If I get this bad boy going I am going to setup a DB of all the EISA CFG files I have found so far to help others later on!

Thanks for any help in advance.

P.S. If you want to see some pictures of the computer check out the following threads:

Step MegaCube

Pictures
Old 08-03-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Everex MegaCube 486DX/50 w/ EV-18113 MotherBoard (Other)

Ok and thanks for the links/photos. I will check on those old floppies in storage as soon as the weather cools a bit (it's been 105 here for the last few days and too hot to get out). I think I still have one of the old external Iomega SCSI disk drives that will read the 10 gb (or maybe it was 10 mb.) disks. They are kinda like super floppies but much larger data storage and 5.25" size. I have an older pc running Windows 98 with a scsi controller card installed so perhaps I will be able to find those files you need. If you find the files before I can do so, just leave a note here and I will stop looking. It may take me a while to find them once I get rigged to where I can read the iomega disks as I want to scan them before messing with the floppies. I also have a couple of old external scsi hard drives with nothing but old (pre-1992) driver files saved to them and will check them as well, time permitting. In addition, I also have about 25-30, 2 gb. scsi backup tapes that have nothing but old driver files written to them. If I can find the external drive, I will also check those for these drivers. No promises yet.... With adequate eyes looking, hopeful someone can find these files for you.

Your threads are very interesting. You spent some time repairing the psu and creating/posting those photos. Excellent work that deserves a helping hand. And again, good luck.

If anyone does locate these files, please upload them to driverguide.com and post a link in this thread. Thanks
Old 08-03-2010

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Everex MegaCube 486DX/50 w/ EV-18113 MotherBoard (Other)

Jerry,

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for looking. If I find anything before then I will send it out to you so others will have an easy time finding it!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]