DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Samsung

Old 07-25-2010

scarydingleberry is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Samsung SGH A897 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Please Please Please Can anyone help me I have a cellphone known as Samsung Mythic its a touch screen cell phone. Model number is SGH A897. First off, the cell phone came with a cd that says it has drivers on it. Well it lied When I click on install drivers it brings up my internet explorer and takes me to samsungs website. So the cd does not actually have the driver, it just redriects me to their site. Well I downloaded a program called Samsung PC Studio Manager. The site says that with this software installation it should install the driver as well. Well that is a lie also. Please if anyone has just the driver please post it or e mail me the link. I have searched everywhere and I have had no luck.

Support Information:
Device Type: Input Devices (mouse, etc.)
Manufacturer: Samsung
Model: SGH A897
Interface: USB
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 1 year old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Samsung
Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Samsung SGH A897 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Stop for a few seconds and ask yourself "why would Samsung include a cd disk with the device that doesn't work"? They have everything to loose and absolutely nothing to gain by doing so. If it sounds ridiculous then it probably is. You may have some problem with your computer that prevents the driver from installing correctly or any number of other reasons why it fails to work.

I suggest you read the instructions on how to use the disk very carefully and follow them to a T. If they still don't work then contact the manufacturer or vendor for further instructions or a replacement disk.

Samsung only offers user manual on their website, nothing in the way of software or drivers (that I could find). Samsung is not noted as having excellent tech support.... not even fair tech support. That's why I wil never ever buy Samsung products. And if you ever need to talk to them, they charge you for that service as well.

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/m...ype=prd_detail

This website has the software/driver package available for free downloading:

http://www.userdrivers.com/PDA-Mobil...ista/download/

My Samsung story:
I purchased a Samsung LCD Flat-Screen tv and paid $3.000.00 for it. I purchased an extended warranty that will cover the tv for an additional 5 years that cost me an extra $250.00. It failed after only 6 months.

After contacting them for in-home warranty repair, they said they did not have any service personal located close enough to my little country town to come to my home and make the necessary repair. I said "I don't give a damn, I paid you for in-home service and that's what I expect from you". That was over 2 months ago and they still have not come to my home to repair this worthless piece of $hit tv.
Old 05-08-2012

carpenter940 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Samsung SGH A897 (Windows XP Professional) [USB]

Jerry K, the OP is correct. you have to download their PC Studio to get the driver, but once downloaded and installed you still find yourself w/o a driver.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]