Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Gateway gateway E4100 (Windows XP Home)
File name: 9532051.exe
Intel(r) Pro/100 & PRO/1000 Network Driver
Note: This is the network driver for the Gateway Midway, Seabreeze, Hazelton, and Augsburg motherboards.
Release Date: 4/22/2005
File Size: 19,407 KB
Download Time: 47 min @ 56K
Operating Systems: Windows XP
Supported Computers and Parts:
Gateway E4100 and others (see list on download page)
1. Download the file to the desktop.
2. On the desktop, double-click the 9532051.exe file. The needed files are expanded to the C:\Cabs\9532051 folder.
3. From the Start menu, click Run.
4. In the Run dialog box, type: C:\Cabs\9532051\Autorun.exe. Click OK.
5. In the Intel PRO Network Connections dialog box, click Install Base Drivers.
Note: Install Software installs both the base drivers and the Intel PROSet utilities. If only the base drivers are desired, click Install Base Drivers.
6. In the Install Base Driver dialog box, click OK.
7. Upon completion of the driver installation, the initial Intel PRO Network Connections dialog box is again available.
Driver installation is complete. If the Intel PRO Set Utilities are required, proceed to the next step.
8. In the Intel PRO Network Connections dialog box, click Install Software to install the Intel PRO Set Utilities for the network adapter.
9. In the Welcome to the InstallShield Wizard for the Intel PROSet dialog box, click Next.
10. In the License Agreement dialog box, select I accept the terms in the license agreement, and then click Next.
11. In the Setup Type dialog box, select Typical, and then click Next.
12. In the Ready to Install the Program dialog box, click Install.
13. In the InstallShield Wizard Completed dialog box, click Finish to complete the installation.
14. In the initial Intel PRO Network Connections dialog box, click Exit.
1. From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
2. In Control Panel, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3. In the Add or Remove Programs window, select Intel PRO Network Adapters and Drivers, and then click Remove.
4. In the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, click Yes.
5. The driver files are removed.
1. Run Network Diagnostics to help determine the network configuration difficulty.
a. From the Start menu, point to All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and then click System Information.
b. In the System Information window, from the Tools menu, click Net Diagnostics.
c. In the Help and Support Center window, click Scan your system.
d. The results are shown. Click the plus sign (+) next to Network adapters for additional information.
2. Verify whether the link light on the back of the network card is lit. If not, reseat the cable. If the light is still not lit, check the cable and the port on the hub or contact your network administrator.
3. Intel PROSet provides utilities that can be used to help diagnose network problems. The PROSet utilities are installed with the Install Software option of the installation instructions.
4. Download the file again, and then perform the installation steps.