DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Epson

Old 12-22-2009

Capable is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: EPSON Epson LQ-100 ESC P2 (Windows XP Professional) [Parallel Port]

Hi there, I'm SO hoping you can help. This is my most favourite old ribbon/impact style printer, which I've recently purchased replacement ribbon cartridges for no problems!

I've run it on 3.1 & Windows 98, and when I upgraded to Windows XP Professional it was running also, until I disconnected it & packed it away for a year, and now I can't find the driver on my system. It was one that had been downloaded from on-line, but no idea what the file was, or where it came from, as a friend set it up for me.

Having spent hours trawling through various sites, it seems your site has the closest to it, and wonder if you can recommend which one I should use? Oh, and it has to be over 10 years old now!

Much appreciated,
Cate :-)

Support Information:
Device Type: Printer / Plotter / Multi-Office
Manufacturer: EPSON
Model: Epson LQ-100 ESC P2
Interface: Parallel Port
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: Not specified
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google
Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: EPSON Epson LQ-100 ESC P2 (Windows XP Professional) [Parallel Port]

The driver is provided by the operating system since Epson never wrote any XP drivers. Just click on Printers & Faxes, Add New Printer, select LPT1, select Epson, select LQ-100, then follow the on-screen prompts until finished.

If you want to check the Epson website,
#1: Go to: www.epson.com --->
#2: Select country ---->
#3: Click on: Drivers & Support --->
#4: Click on: Printers --->
#5: Click on: Inkjet ---> (or other applicable printer type)
#6: Select your printer model --->
#7: Select "Drivers & Downloads" (or just click the Windows link)

If your model is not listed then this model probably isn't supported in the selected OS or isn't sold or supported in that country, try another country at step #2

Note: Epson website design prevents direct linking to a driver file.
Old 12-24-2009

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: EPSON Epson LQ-100 ESC P2 (Windows XP Professional) [Parallel Port]

Thank you Jerry K . . . I have done that already and it is working, but not without some glitches, and why I'd previously had a different driver for it sourced on-line over a year ago.

I'm thinking it's as good as it's going to get due to it's age now, and will probably just have to work within the limitations. The main problem is it leaves a sizeable gap at the top of every page before commencing printing, and also has some difficulties with interpreting common fonts like aerial. I've figured out a workaround for both scenarios, and will just have to live with it!

Regards,
Cate
Old 12-26-2009

hemflit is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: EPSON Epson LQ-100 ESC P2 (Windows XP Professional) [Parallel Port

I've seen the "big white band at top of page" problem brought up on another forum, and one guy claimed he solved it by uninstalling the printer and reinstalling it with the "Epson LQ-100 scalable font" driver instead of the ESC P/2 one.

For what it's worth, I'm using the normal driver (and Win XP SP3) and I've seen the white band only on the printer test page, not on anything I printed myself.

On another note, for me the printer overprints everything 4 times. (Like, to make sure the black is really black and I run out of the ink tape as quickly as possible.) Anybody has an idea how this can be turned off? I do remember vaguely that there was a relatively obvious option in Win 98 and Win 2000 Server to do this, but I can't seem to find it in XP.
Old 12-27-2009

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: EPSON Epson LQ-100 ESC P2 (Windows XP Professional) [Parallel Port]

Thanks for the tip . . . interestingly, the test page was the only one that didn't have the white band at the top!

Overprinting . . . try using draft on the printer, I've found it seems to be the most reliable printer setting regardless of what fonts are selected in your document. Failing that, try setting to draft in your print options prior to printing document, but I reckon it should work just changing to draft on the actual printer.
Old 07-11-2012

Triturus is on a distinguished road

Try removing the LQ-100 driver and installing an LQ-850; it worked for me with similar problem on Windows 2000.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]