DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 11-16-2003
stevieboy

Post pci simple communications controller missing

Any body help out just loaded windows xp pro keeps coming up with pci simpel communications controller needed any one help
thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 11-19-2003
Debbie

Default PCI Simple Communications Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy
Any body help out just loaded windows xp pro keeps coming up with pci simpel communications controller needed any one help
thanks
Hi Stevieboy! Hey it's good to know someone else has encountered this problem upon installing XP Professional. I can't get hooked up to the net because of this problem myself and I don't know how to fix it. All I know is that my computer is not reading my modem and I have no idea where this PCI Simple Communications Controller came from but I do know that there are no drivers installed for it. In my system information I found the device listed but the driver version, manufacturer, driver name and .INF name are "not available". So without the proper information how do you fix the problem? Is this something that I can uninstall and then reinstall my modem and driver? So I am in the same dilemna as you and if you should find the fix, can you drop me an e-mail, please? noemailaddys@allowed
Old 05-13-2004
silkgsg

Thumbs down

Wow, I see that everybody is have troubleing with this problem. I have uninstalled the modem and reinstalled it but that did not work. I have no idea of what to do. If anyone has an solution please let me know at noemailaddy@allowed. Thanks
Old 05-13-2004
silkgsg

idea This might work!

PCI simple communications device = MODEM
Uninstall the modem from device manager.Reinstall drivers for PCI simple communications controller and pick have disk, point it to the modem drivers disk.When it finishes installing the drivers it will find the modem itself and install it.
Old 05-14-2004
Unregistered

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q315342

WinXP does not reconize many modems for different reasons. The "latest driver" is the only fix.
You will need to determine who made the modem "chip" used and obtain generic drivers if XP drivers are not available from the computer maker.
http://modemsite.com/56k/index.asp
Who made the modem.
http://modemsite.com/56k/whomadeit.asp
http://modemsite.com/56k/chipset.asp
Old 12-07-2004
Unregistered

This is not a modem issue. Most PCs have three or more PCI slots. The modem may be your only PCI device so you think you have a modem problem. It is really a PCI to mother board problem. Contact the motherboard maker. Microsoft has dropped the ball in both Win XP and Win 2000 by not providing drivers for the PCI controller. You will need to get them from the motherboard maker. Look for a brand and model on the board then contact the maker. Woe is us. I also have a Mac and there could never be such a ridiculous issue on my Mac, thank God.
Old 01-20-2005
Luch

Yeah like being limited to upgrades hehe... jk.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]