DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > NexxTech

Old 05-16-2009

johnny q is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: NexxTech 232 to usb adapter (Windows XP Home) [USB]

hi everyone - My computer crashed a few weeks ago due to a virus attack. I just realized that I have lost the driver for my usb adapter. Its a saturday, first day of a long weekend (in Canada), so I can't get any help from Nexxtech until mon or tues. Can anyone help ?

Support Information:
Device Type: Input Devices (mouse, etc.)
Manufacturer: NexxTech
Model: 232 to usb adapter
Interface: USB
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer NexxTech
Sponsored Links

Old 05-18-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: NexxTech 232 to usb adapter (Windows XP Home) [USB]

Where did you get the driver that you had originally? If any driver is required, it should have either come with the device or provided by the OS.

Check the manufacturers website: http://www.orbyxelectronics.com/driv...hidPickIndex=1
Old 05-18-2009

well - I contacted Nexxtech through one of their websites and was told by their tech person that this 232/usb adapter is a plug and play unit, that doesn't use a driver. So, thanks for letting me post about it, I'll have to figure out some other reason why the adapter isn't working.
jq
Old 05-26-2009

hi again - I still haven't got this issue corrected. I ran into a few problems - Nexxtech lists a driver for the usb adapter on their website, but the rep from Nexxtech has given me conflicting information. She told me that the adapter I had was a plug and play type (no driver). Then, she e-mailed me a driver (that didn't work). I have tried loading it a few times in several different locations, on two different computers and I still haven't gotten it to work.

I have noticed that the driver file has several layers of folders in it. usually you unzip to a folder, and you have a bunch of files in whatever folder you have unzipped to. But it looks like there's 4 folders in this driver file. When unzipped, I have: C:\orbyx, which contains another folder called 2613297, which contains another folder called Driver, which contains another folder called Windows, which contains about 6 driver related files. Could it be these layers of folders are causing the driver to not work ? what do you guys suggest that I do ? I was thinking that I should just load the driver files into a folder, but I'm not sure where that folder should be. any suggestions ? Has anyone else here had problems with these adapters ?
Old 05-26-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Personally, I've never seen one that worked or talked to anyone that said "Mine works". I have also tested one with the same results as you.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]