DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Network Adapter Request Board

Old 04-14-2009

sanzoku is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Intel ICH6-M PRO/100 VE (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Hello experts,

I will start with the issue and add the story for anyone interested in burning a little time.

Need a driver for:
Intel ICH6-M PRO/100 VE

IN:
Toshiba Dynabook Qosmio F20/485LSE (Japan)
Motherboard Chipset: Mobile Intel Alvisio-G i910GML

I am working on recovering my daughter's laptop after a HD crash. So far, I've done half decent. The problem is I live in Japan. While I can speak Japanese well enough, the Japanese system is not wallet friendly. There is little do it yourself help here as everything is a service with a hefty price tag.

I installed the new HDD myself to much dismay of the shop I purchased it from. I was told it could be installed professionally for 10,000 yen (about $100). They almost ensured me it wouldn't work if I didn't let the professionals handle it. They also offered to install windows and the drivers for about $100 on top of that (Ridiculous considering windows was OEM on the machine and I still have the original product key. I installed and reactivated, no problem.)

Then came the driver problems. Toshiba Japan's site mostly has cute Toshiba themed jingles for download in the support/drivers area. Anyone who has lived in Japan probably isn't surprised by that. I'm having a hard time finding a network card driver that I have confidence in working (I've tried a few with no success.)

It appears that most Japanese simply drop it off at the repair shop and pay a bill near what a new system costs and never try anything themselves. Therefore, self help support almost doesn't exist.

I did manage to get audio and video, but the video isn't good at all.

Any help is much appreciated.

Support Information:
Device Type: Network Devices
Manufacturer: Intel
Model: Intel ICH6-M PRO/100 VE
Interface: PCI / ISA
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Intel

Last edited by sanzoku : 04-14-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: grammar
Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel ICH6-M PRO/100 VE (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Check these sites for drivers:

http://www.driver7.com/
http://www.omegadrivers.net
http://www.laptopvideo2go.com
http://www.notebookdriverdownload.com
http://www.laptops-drivers.com

As you may know, laptop machines cannot use generic drivers like a desktop can so you must either use the specific driver from the laptop maker or you must use "hacked for laptops" drivers.

The only other method is to visit the English speaking Toshiba websites and scour their talk forums and do searches. You're probably not the first person that's had this problem.
Old 04-15-2009

sanzoku is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel ICH6-M PRO/100 VE (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Thanks for the help. I got that one fixed. In case one like this comes up again here is how:

The one that worked was on the link you provided to http://www.notebookdriverdownload.com

The file name was Toshiba Qosmio F20 (PQF20) LAN Driver.
That file was a packet with three different .inf's. The .inf that worked was E100a325.inf.

Just installing the .inf didn't work. To get it to work properly I had to install a generic driver included with windows first. There are three generic drivers included that were similar to my device description, none of them worked.

Fortunately, I was able to install one of them and run the .inf as an update and it worked out. It was the third combination of generic driver updated with the .inf I tried, so I was pretty pleased.

Thanks for the links. I had been surfing English and Japanese sites for days and hadn't came up with anything that worked. Hats off to you.
Old 04-15-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Glad it worked ok for you sanzoku. And it's always comforting when someone says Thanks!

Thank you!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]