Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba A65-S126 (Windows XP Home) [USB]
Symptom in Windows XP
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
This issue may occur if the Isapnp.sys file is damaged or is not present in the path that the error message specifies.
To resolve this issue, use Recovery Console to replace the Isapnp.sys file.
To replace the Isapnp.sys file in Windows XP, follow these steps:
1. Start / (Boot) the computer from the Windows XP CD-ROM.
2. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to start Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or a multiple-boot computer, type the number that corresponds to your Windows XP installation when you are prompted to select the Windows installation to log on to, and then press ENTER.
4. When you are prompted for the Administrator password, type the password, and then press ENTER.
Note: If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the C:\Windows prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
Warning: Be sure to type the commands exactly as you see them. Just one typo and the result will be a command that isn't completed or an error message.
ren c:\windows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys isapnp.old
Note: The steps in this article assume that you installed Windows XP to the C: drive. The actual location of your Windows installation may vary.
6. At the C:\Windows prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
expand cd-romdrive:\i386\isapnp.sy_ c:\windows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys
For example, type:
expand d:\i386\isapnp.sy_ c:\windows\system32\drivers
7. After the file is successfully expanded, type exit, then press ENTER to exit Recovery Console.
8. Restart the computer (without the installation disk in the drive).