Originally Posted by germos
USB Device 802.11 bg WLAN
Is the above listed device, which is a Wireless LAN, the device your needing a driver for? If so, I cannot help because the description doesn't mention brand or model.
I don't understand the following words in the summary report:
Is the device you need a driver for integrated on the motherboard, or does it plug into a pci slot, or is it external USB?
This is the only XP driver I could find in our database: [url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=558858[/url]
And you may wish to try another program called "Unknown Devices". It might provide additional information about the hardware that Everest missed or just didn't identify. You can get it here:
To help find unknown devices and figure out what they really are.
"Unknown Devices" Tips:
- Press F3 to search the selected text on the internet. (Ctrl-F3 to search without the "+drivers") - Press F2 or Ctrl-C to copy selected to clipboard
- Using an item under Full Details for a web search will likely give you better results.
- This program only knows about PCI and AGP devices. It will not be able to help with ISA based devices and original PCMCIA cards.
- Also this program shows all devices found in the registry including devices that no longer exists!
- This program might not display the unknown icon for some devices even if Windows really doesn't know what it is
And Biostar has a board with the same RTL8201N onboard ethernet so try their unified driver.