DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Bios / Motherboard Request Board

Old 07-14-2008

Cheezpie is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Iqon LM7WM (Windows XP Home)

Help Drivers required or just help, I have had to reformat my hard disk on my laptop. Since putting XP back I have managed to get everything back on from downloading drivers from the internet, but I don't have the correct ones I think as I cannot get my wireless to work. From what I have read of the internet it could be because I haven't got the correct driver for my main board. does anyone have them or know where to get them from?

Support Information:
Device Type: BIOS / Motherboard
Manufacturer: Iqon
Model: LM7WM
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Iqon
Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Iqon LM7WM (Windows XP Home)

Generally, downloading drivers from the internet won't work on a laptop. Laptops require specific drivers from the laptop maker or "hacked" for laptop drivers. Attempting to use generic drivers will result in a failed install. Here's a few websites offering "hacked" video laptop drivers:

www.omegadrivers.net
www.laptopvideo2go.com
www.notebookdriverdownload.com

iQon information: (bad news)

iQon Technologies Ltd was a manufacturer of personal and notebook computers and consumer electronics based in Dundalk, Louth, Ireland. The company marketed computers through retailers across the United Kingdom and exported to Europe and North Africa. iQon was never sold in North America.

iQon Technologies was founded in 1994 under the name ROMAK Computers by Dermot McElroy, Lars Krull and Patrick Rooney.

The company was sold in 1997 to US world wide distributor CHS ELECTRONICS Inc.

After the collapse of CHS ELECTRONICS Inc. in 2000 Dermot McElroy purchased the company back from the CHS Electronics liquidators.

In 2004, iQon secured a deal to supply computers for retailer Tesco to be sold in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

In 2006, the company established its iQon France subsidiary based in Toulon to expand sales across Europe.

As of 2007, iQon was Ireland's largest indigenous PC maker and largest PC exporter.

The company sought bankruptcy protection in November 2007 and went into liquidation in January 2008.

As of January 2008, iQon's call center and warranty service divisions continue to operate under a court-appointed liquidator and the company is up for sale.
Old 07-19-2008

thanks for the update Jerry, I managed to find the driver for the wireless else where on the net.

If anyone else has the same problem see:
http://www.everex.com/support/lm7we/...loads/wlan.exe

I have just found a new problem my headphone socket doesn't work now so any help on that would be greatly appreciated. sound works fine but when I plug the headphones in it stops the sound and no sound comes through the head phones. I guess again I haven't got the correct drivers?????.

I'll check the webstie you recommended above and see what they have to offer.
Old 07-19-2008
Super Moderator

If you have sound, it's not a driver problem. Sounds more like a hardware problem. Probably a broken jack or similar. Or it's possible there's a bios setting that has it disabled.
Old 07-19-2008

Jerry, I've just sorted it.

The more I thought about it, If http://www.everex.com/support had the drivers for the wireless then maybe they had the others and they did. I've downloaded the Audio drivers and now it works, I've also done the chipset just incase I didn't have the correct ones before but they have all the drivers for the Iqon LM7WM but they have them under LM7WE.

They all worked fine for me, so if it helps anyone else great.
Old 07-19-2008
Super Moderator

Thanks for the info. It's good to know where members can get drivers for this machine.
Old 10-21-2008

conormcdyer is on a distinguished road

Cheezpie, how did you manage to wipe your iqon laptop? i have been trying for a couple of days on the same model as yours with no luck.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]