DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Removable Drive Request Board

Old 05-03-2008

mjanjua is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (Windows Vista) [USB]

I have a Toshiba USB 2.0 External Hard Drive which works perfectly on my previous Toshiba Satellite Laptop with Windows XP. I tried using the same External Hard Drive on my new Dell Vostro 1310 laptop with Windows Vista Business installed but Windows fails to install the drivers hence the Hard Drive does not work on it. I have tested the Hard Drive on HP laptop with Windows Vista Ultimate and it works fine and I have also tried on Compaq Presario Desktop with Windows Vista Home Basic and it works fine on it.

It should be noted that the original USB cable got faulty and was replaced by a longer approximately 1m-2m USB Cable but it worked perfectly on other systems.

Can I have a proper and relevant drivers for my system?

Thanks
M.Janjua

Support Information:
Device Type: Removable drive
Manufacturer: Toshiba
Model: USB 2.0 External Hard Drive
Interface: USB
Operating System: Windows Vista
Age of Device: Not specified
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Toshiba
Sponsored Links

Old 05-04-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (Windows Vista) [USB]

Are you being prompted by Windows to install a driver? All my usb hard drives are plug and play in Windows XP and should be in Vista as well. R U sure your usb port is working ok?
Old 05-04-2008

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Toshiba USB 2.0 External Hard Drive (Windows Vista) [USB]

When I plugged my USB Hard Drive for the first time it automatically detected the hard drive and started installing the drivers and gave me the error that the device might not function due to drivers not being installed properly so I uninstalled them and repeated the procedure now it successfully installed the drivers and shows in the device manager that the device is working fine but there is not enough power going into the device and the autoplay does not start nor I can see the device in My Computer.

The USBs are working fine as it is a new laptop and I have tried other USB devices which work fine on my laptop.
Old 05-04-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

With normal working usb 2.0 hard drivers, you get notification of new hardware found but no prompt asking for drivers. mine installs in less than 5 seconds and tells me my new device is ready to use.

You say there "there is not enough power going into the device". How do you know this?
Old 05-05-2008

I know that because when my hard drive used to work, my hard drive has a light and the light changes to a mixture of green and red when it gets the power it wants and I could hear and feel the hard drive when touched that it has the power required.

Thanks for helping me and I have found the solution of it which is

Since the wire I am using is 1m-2m usb cable that is why my Hard Drive do not get enough power on Dell Vostro and I tested my External Hard Drive using a different enclosure kit with a lesser length cable and it worked perfectly on my Dell Vostro so I have to buy a new enclosure kit as it is hard to find usb cable of smaller length.

Thanks

M. Janjua
Old 12-02-2008

WealthWorld is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up External Harddrives Dont' Work With Windows Vista

Okay ---

So I have a Windows Vista machine, and I have seen tons of posts in forums from all over. My external hard drive won't come up when I connect it.

See - Apple makes it so freakin easy. You plug anything in.. Apple knows.

With Windows Vista - it's a nightmare for some. SO I have found the ultimate answer. The easiest solution on the market.

Download MacDrive . You can try it for FREE to get all your files over. You download it.. You plug in your external harddrive.. AND BAMN! It pops up on MacDrive..

Very easy solution that I think a ton of people are searching for!

Thanks,
Kit Elliott
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]