Originally Posted by FVS
Here is what I did to get this card to work.
1) Install driver that shipped with card (run Setup.exe in the Install_CD folder)
2) Card will still show that drivers aren't loaded.
3) Download the v22.214.171.124 driver from here:
4) Unzip the file, and copy the files into c:\windows\system32\drivers folder. Overwrite any existing files.
5) Shut computer down. Move card to a different PCI slot. Restart.
Some of these steps may not be absolutely necessary, however this worked for me.
Have you tried another device in the old PCI slot? Based on my experience, these cards/drivers damage hardware.
This is what happened to me:
Installed this card, let Windows use the driver from the accompanying CD and used it for a couple of days. My machine then froze while downloading data over the wireless and when I re-started the machine, the card was not detected - no amount of hardware detection, card removal/re-installation would work.
I rebuilt my OS. Put the card in and it still didn't work. I tried it in my second PCI slot and it was detected again. With the card working, I took an image of the disk with my OS. A couple of days later, same crash. I re-imaged the disk from when the card was working, but it does not detect the card in either PCI slot.
I've tried different drivers, but Windows can never detect the card in the same slot once it has crashed - even after OS re-installation.
Basically, this is not a software issue. The card and/or the supplied drivers appear to have damaged my hardware. I have searched for info on this card and have not been able to find a solution pertaining to my problem.