DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Network Adapter Request Board

Old 04-03-2008

doots32 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom edup wireless 54mbps lan pci card (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Support Information:
Device Type: Network Adapter
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Model: edup wireless 54mbps lan pci card
Interface: PCI / ISA
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 6 months old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Broadcom
Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom edup wireless 54mbps lan pci card (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

Old 04-13-2008

FVS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom edup wireless 54mbps lan pci card (Windows XP Home) [PCI / ISA]

I have/had similar issues, chipset used in these is Atheros AR2414A
I did manage to get working, but now I cannot remember what I did. I will try again with another of these cards I have, and see if my memory returns
Old 04-13-2008

FVS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVS
I have/had similar issues, chipset used in these is Atheros AR2414A
I did manage to get working, but now I cannot remember what I did. I will try again with another of these cards I have, and see if my memory returns

Here is what I did to get this card to work.
1) Install driver that shipped with card (run Setup.exe in the Install_CD folder)
2) Card will still show that drivers aren't loaded.
3) Download the v4.2.2.9 driver from here:
http://www.wildpackets.com/support/downloads/drivers
4) Unzip the file, and copy the files into c:\windows\system32\drivers folder. Overwrite any existing files.
5) Shut computer down. Move card to a different PCI slot. Restart.

Some of these steps may not be absolutely necessary, however this worked for me.
Old 04-14-2008

d3th is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom edup wireless 54mbps lan pci card (Windows XP Home) [PCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVS
Here is what I did to get this card to work.
1) Install driver that shipped with card (run Setup.exe in the Install_CD folder)
2) Card will still show that drivers aren't loaded.
3) Download the v4.2.2.9 driver from here:
http://www.wildpackets.com/support/downloads/drivers
4) Unzip the file, and copy the files into c:\windows\system32\drivers folder. Overwrite any existing files.
5) Shut computer down. Move card to a different PCI slot. Restart.

Some of these steps may not be absolutely necessary, however this worked for me.

Have you tried another device in the old PCI slot? Based on my experience, these cards/drivers damage hardware.

This is what happened to me:

Installed this card, let Windows use the driver from the accompanying CD and used it for a couple of days. My machine then froze while downloading data over the wireless and when I re-started the machine, the card was not detected - no amount of hardware detection, card removal/re-installation would work.

I rebuilt my OS. Put the card in and it still didn't work. I tried it in my second PCI slot and it was detected again. With the card working, I took an image of the disk with my OS. A couple of days later, same crash. I re-imaged the disk from when the card was working, but it does not detect the card in either PCI slot.

I've tried different drivers, but Windows can never detect the card in the same slot once it has crashed - even after OS re-installation.

Basically, this is not a software issue. The card and/or the supplied drivers appear to have damaged my hardware. I have searched for info on this card and have not been able to find a solution pertaining to my problem.
Old 04-25-2008

madjock72 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Broadcom edup wireless 54mbps lan pci card (Windows XP Home) [PCI

If your still having problems with This card, please use this link,a friend had bought one from ebay , and could not get it to work, so after many a hour surfing the net, i cam across this site, and low and behold they sell the very same card, and their drivers do work.

so download them , and install, IF YOU HAVE CARD ALREADY INSTALLED, JUST UPDATE DRIVER, THEN SEARCH FOR THE DOWNLOADED FOLDER, USE DRIVER FILE AND ALL SHOULD GO WELL, WORKED ON HIS PC USING WIN XP HOME EDITION.

http://www.next-gadgets.com/shop/getsoftware_5.php
Old 11-10-2009

Nikkbu is on a distinguished road

just a quick reply i recently brought a edup wifi network card from esecuregb on ebay with no drivers but was given this link for drivers and they worked fine
WIRELESS CARDS PCI Wireless Drivers...

hope they help someone else....
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]