DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 12-20-2004
msammut

Default ASROCK audio problem

I really need help here. I purchased an ASROCK P4i45GV R5.0 motherboard. It installed fine. Everything works except for the audio drivers. I tried to install the two that came with the MB setup CD. They are the CMedia 2041 and 2042 versions for the 5.2 channel AC97 Audio. When I try to install a warning comes up saying :

"Our audio chip provides multi-speaker surround sound and realistic sound effects. Due to the fact that your computer is not equipped with our audio chip you can not avail yourself to these advanced features. For more information please contact your computer dealer."

I am not trying to install anything other than the onboard audio that is built into this motherboard from the driver CD that came with the MB. Am I doing something wrong. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2004
Santa

Is the OS detecting "any" audio chip. Check Device Manager.
Check the BIOS and make sure the AC 97 audio is enabled.
Old 12-20-2004
msammut

Default ASROCK audio problems

Hi, thanks for responding. No audio chip is being identified. In the Bios the onboard audio is enabled. In the Device Manager in the 'sound' section I do not have the AC97 Audio. I have tried going to the ASROCK website and downloading the audio driver for that motherboard, which is the same as on the CD. I get the same problem.
Old 12-20-2004
Santa

Check the return ploicy of the store you purchased the mothervoard. If your short on timeto return it consider returning or exchanging it.

If you have time to spare before returning it.
Assuming you installing Windows XP
The BIOS options for sound should be Off, Enable, Auto. Default is Auto. Change this to Enable and reboot.
Make sure you have installed the motherboard "chipset" drivers. "Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (INF)"
If the sound chip is working the PNP OS should detect the chip and Windows Hardware wizard should ask for a driver. Cancel the Hardware wizard and boot into Windows and run the setup.exe program in the driver package.

If No Joy try clearing the BIOS CMOS memory and rebooting

If the OS still can not detect the sound chip I would consider the onboard sound defective and return the MB

If you feel lucky check the BIOS date and see if you have the latest BIOS.
If not the latest; Flash the BIOS. """BUT""" the store might refuse to let you return the MB if you tell them you Flashed the BIOS
http://www.asrock.com.tw/support/dow...gv_r5.htm#bios

If you can not return the MB check the Device Manager and see if you have any yellow ? marks in the System Devices.
Old 12-20-2004
msammut

Default ASROCK audio problem

Thank you kindly for the advice. Tried all of that at still no audio. I am assuming that the board is defective and will be returning it. Thanks again.

msammut
Old 11-21-2007

Janne is on a distinguished road
Question Re: ASROCK audio problem

Hi, has anyone else had a problems installing a PCI soundcard on Asrock MB?

I have Asrock K7S41GX and Creative Audigy SE and I have tried everything and got no sound.

I have tried to remove on board audio drivers, disable on board audio from windows and BIOS. Enable it, put it to auto -mode on BIOS. Even updated the BIOS.

When I install Audigy drivers, everything, I mean EVERYTHING looks fine! All Creative tests are passing and only problems are NO SOUND and when you play a sound file, it stops at 20-30 sec. Or not.

Suggestions??

And I mean it! There is absolutely no visible errors on windows! I have checked everything.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]