DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 02-12-2008

FFXLuc is on a distinguished road
Default ASRock Onboard Audio issues

Hello, I'm new to this forum. Recently I built a computer from practically scratch, new MoBo, Graphics card, PSU, CPU. HDD's I've kept from my old system ( I Formatted My C:\ And reinstalled windows XP Pro x32). I have a ASRock 4Core1333-Viiv. I'm not new to computers or building but the more I read into this MoBo the more I'm seeing its probably not the MoBo I should have gone with... Anyways I don't have a Audio Card I'm trying to use the on board Audio and its not even knowing I have on board it seems like. All I have is just a 5.1 Speaker system and I plug them in and Windows isn't even trying to detect them. On my old system I plugged, and they played... Is there something I'm missing? I have the CD and I've installed the INF drivers but still nothing. I've gone into the device manager and No yellow "?"s. When I go into "Sound and Audio Devices" in the control panel everything is grayed out I can't select any options. Can anyone offer any help on this I'm pretty stuck and I would like to hear some music before I go nuts lol Thanks to anyone that can help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ASRock Onboard Audio issues

You need to first make sure that on-board audio is enabled in BIOS setup. Then install drivers for your sound chipset. Speakers are only plug and play once the sound is installed properly.

Use Device Manager to see if audio is installed and working properly.
Old 02-12-2008

FFXLuc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ASRock Onboard Audio issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
You need to first make sure that on-board audio is enabled in BIOS setup. Then install drivers for your sound chipset. Speakers are only plug and play once the sound is installed properly.

Use Device Manager to see if audio is installed and working properly.

Yea I had it enabled. After I posted the message I tried the CD once again. Apparently after I enabled it in my BIOS A new option came up on the CD to install the drivers for the Realtek HD audio... So now it works sorry for wasting your time to read my post.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]