DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Sound Card Request Board

Old 02-11-2008

mrdoc is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Conexant Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio (Windows XP Professional) [PCI / ISA]

I need Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio driver for windows XP professional. My notebook is HP Pavilion dv2617us.

Thanks

Support Information:
Device Type: Sound Card
Manufacturer: Conexant
Model: Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio
Interface: PCI / ISA
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 6 months old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Conexant
Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Conexant Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio (Windows XP Professional) [PCI / ISA]

HP only supports this device in Windows Vista. NO XP drivers for Audio:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...c=u s&lang=en
Old 02-19-2008

mrdoc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Conexant Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition Audio (Windows XP Professional) [PCI / ISA]

well i got it sorted out. If someone want to know, this is how to do it..

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic...n-xp?replies=8

goodluck
Old 02-19-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Post Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Conexant Conexant Cx20549 @ Intel 82801HBM ICH8M - High Definition

Conexant CX20549 Windows XP Audio driver for HP DV2617US notebook (for Windows XP) (Note: this machine only comes from HP with Vista installed from the manufacturer)

Filename: Conexant_CX20549_XP_Audio_drvr_for_HP_DV2617us.rar (44,136 KB.)

When unrar'd, you will have 2 files: sp33867.exe and sp34204.exe (both are needed to install this driver)

First install this file.. sp33867.exe
then restart.
Then..
Open Device Manager (Click Start/ Run and type: devmgmt.msc). Under System Devices check if MS UAA installed properly. There should be a listing for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio. If you see a PCI with a yellow exclamation mark (!), right click it and choose Update Driver, select No in the online check option, next choose Install Automatically. Reboot your PC to reflect the changes and update the driver status.

Once UAA is properly installed and still no audio, Go to Device Manager once again (Click Start/ Run and type: devmgmt.msc) and expand Audio device. Let's now force the Conexant sound drivers install.

Next, install file sp34204.exe

Right click the Audio Device and select 'Update Driver' from the context menu.

-Select No, not at this time" to connect to Windows Update and search for the driver

-Select Install from a list or specific location in the next window

- Select Don't search I will choose the driver to install

In the list of common hardware types, scroll down and select Sound, Video, and Game controllers. Remove the check from "Show Compatible Hardware" and click on "Have Disk"

-Next browse to C:\Swsetup\sp34204 (this Folder will be there if you have already downloaded and installed the drivers as I mentioned in the beginning of my post)

-Choose the inf file and ignore any prompt you may receive from XP once you attempt to install the driver by selecting "Install Anyways"

Restart your PC

Download: http://members.driverguide.com/drive...iverid=1164263 (may not be available for download immediately (until approved by administration, usually within 24 hrs.)

or

http://rapidshare.com/files/93283282...P_DV2617us.rar (available for downloading immediately)
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]