DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 02-05-2008

Louie Qiang is on a distinguished road
Question Conexant AC-Link Audio: FAILURE

I have a Hewlett-Packard Presario M2000 notebook. Two days ago I reinstall the OS with Windows XP Professional SP2 and found that some functions of the notebook didn't work, including the sound. After searching through the net, I made a guess that it had something to do with the sound card, multimedia audio controller thingy.

Here's the screenshot of what I saw at the device manager:

I tried to install the audio driver from a CD that is included in the package when I got the notebook. It let me install the driver, but it ended up with a 'failure' message after the installation finished. I thought there's something wrong with the cd or something, so I decided to find the driver from the net. Going here, there, everywhere, I finally found the right page regarding the information about what exact drivers I need for the notebook: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...3 559&lang=en

The page said that I need to install both Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 Audio Driver EQ and Conexant CX20468-31 AC97 Audio driver. I downloaded and install them, and guess what ... I got the same error message with the previous attempt when I installed the driver from the cd:

Any idea why this could happen and how to fix this problem? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conexant AC-Link Audio: FAILURE

Did the machine come from HP with Windows XP installed or did it have Vista on it when you made the purchase? It sounds like you are trying to install a non-supported OS on the machine.
Old 02-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Did the machine come from HP with Windows XP installed or did it have Vista on it when you made the purchase? It sounds like you are trying to install a non-supported OS on the machine.

The original installed OS was Windows XP Professional SP 2 too. This notebook is two years old (or more) already and I guess Vista didn't exist yet when this notebook was released.

Last edited by Louie Qiang : 02-05-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-05-2008

Cooguru is on a distinguished road

You should only need one of the downloads from that link. They usually post all drivers available for that model. The you pick the appropriate driver depending on Whether you got the upgraded sound card or not.

Did both of the drivers fail to install?
Old 02-06-2008

I sent a mail regarding this problem to HP technical officer yesterday. The reply came today with the answer from someone called Adam. He told me to download all drivers I need from this page:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 9918&lang=en

I tried downloading the audio, graphics, and media card reader drivers from the suggested page. And I was surprised that they did work. I can hear audio again, the graphics run smoothly again, and my card reader reads again. It's weird that the drivers are supposed to work for Compaq Presario M2245AU (according to the page), while mine is Presario M2000. (Please remember the drivers that I downloaded from the Presario M2000 page didn't work at all for my notebook).

So ... I guess the case is closed. Thanks for giving attention to this thread, especially Jerry K and Cooguru ... for trying to help.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]