DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > CPUs & Motherboards

Old 11-29-2004
Unregistered

Default ASUS motherboard USB problem

Hi, I have an ASUS P4P800-SE motherboard that USED to work flawlessly. I'm currently running XP pro with SP2. I can't say for sure but, my USB ports all stopped working after installing the Service Pack 2. I've checked the obvious things like making sure the devices (namely printer, joystick, digital camera, etc.) worked on another computer, and unplugging and plugging it back into another port. Furthermore, upon reading the FAQs to this site and several other manufacturer's sites, these are the things I've done already:

1. Made sure USB was enabled in BIOS, downloaded latest BIOS from ASUS,
2. In "Device Manager" there are (4) "Intel 82081EB USB Universal Host Controllers - 24D2, 24D4, 24D7, 24DE"; (1) "Intel 82081EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller-24DD" and (5) "USB Root Hubs". They all claim to be working properly, I've uninstalled all of them and reinstalled them.
3. Thinking that it was the SP2 that was creating the problem, I uninstalled it but that did nothing, reinstalled it and still did nothing.
4. Ran Microsoft Help and Support but could not help me.
5. Filled out the ASUS help form but they've yet to respond.
6. Tried using the ASUS CD to install USB driver but said that I didn't need it for XP SP1 and later.

Please help me! I've ran out of ideas and desperately need my USB to work again. Thanks in advance for all your help!
Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2004
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea check....

that all usb ports are not working... you have 4 in back and a connector on board to run 4 front ports. Are ALL ports not working? If front ports only do not work, I'd suspect a faulty or wrong motherboard connection going to front usb panel ports.

What bios do you have installed? Latest is 1007 dated 2004/10/07

Did you install the Asus Intel Chipset drivers (inf5021003.zip) from Asus?

SP1 and SP2 both have usb 2.0 support but you should also make sure the Intel chipset driver installed properly.

Everything for this board is posted here:

http://www.asus.com/support/download...%20SE&Type=All
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]