DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > LiteOn Technology

Old 09-19-2007

Torontal is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Hey! My friend buy the Acer Aspire 5310. (He luzer). I try install a Win XP prof (nLite <--- special SATA driver; it was a good effort), but the "Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P" not find driver for Windows XP. With default driver make wrong disks. I find correct new driver with Google, but hit is fake (http://coolsearch4u.info/search.php? ...). <---- NEVER USE THIS, and Google is loose hustler (pardon).

I know my english is hooorrible. : )
Thanks in advance!

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: LiteOn Technology
Model: Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P
Interface: IDE
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 6 months old
FCCID:

Type of drive: dvd-r/cd-rw (dvd burner, dvd reader, &amp; cd burner combo)
What recording software are you using?: Nero/version

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer LiteOn Technology
Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Sorry but Acer never shipped this model with Windows XP installed. Drivers are only available for Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit. The only way we could help you is for you to identify the SATA controller built-into this notebook.

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5310.html

and their ftp site only has Vista drivers listed: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_5310/

Update: I upload a driver. Try it: http://members.driverguide.com/drive...iverid=1056831

This thread should have been posted in the Hard Disk Controllers forum but I will leave it here.

Last edited by Jerry K : 09-19-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2007

rornan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

how am i supposed to use this file, it contains f6flpy32.exe ,but it seems not work.....
Old 12-02-2009

DS8A1P to Acer6592G XPpro is on a distinguished road
Default DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Sorry but Acer never shipped this model with Windows XP installed. Drivers are only available for Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 bit. The only way we could help you is for you to identify the SATA controller built-into this notebook.

http://support.acer-euro.com/drivers...k/as_5310.html

and their ftp site only has Vista drivers listed: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/notebook/aspire_5310/

Update: I upload a driver. Try it: http://members.driverguide.com/drive...iverid=1056831

This thread should have been posted in the Hard Disk Controllers forum but I will leave it here.

But if I have Acer TravelMate 6592G. Does your DS8A1P driver fit me?
Old 12-02-2009
Super Moderator

idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rornan
how am i supposed to use this file, it contains f6flpy32.exe ,but it seems not work.....

This program is designed to be installed from a floppy disk. When you launch the f6flpy32.exe file, it will notify you to insert a blank floppy disk into the drive. You must then install the SATA driver from that floppy and press F6 key when prompted to do so. Or I suppose the contents could be extracted to a hard drive and installed from there (but I have never tried it that way).
Old 12-02-2009
Super Moderator

idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P (Windows XP Professional) [IDE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS8A1P to Acer6592G XPpro
But if I have Acer TravelMate 6592G. Does your DS8A1P driver fit me?

This thread is about a LiteOn Technology Slimtype DVD A DS8A1P.

And what's up with the weird member name? ie: DS8A1P to Acer6592G XPpro
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]