DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Bios / Motherboard Request Board

Old 08-30-2007

Premium Member

srobo is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: ATI IXP SB400 SMBus (Windows XP Professional)

Support Information:
Device Type: BIOS / Motherboard
Manufacturer: ATI
Model: IXP SB400 SMBus
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer ATI
Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: ATI IXP SB400 SMBus (Windows XP Professional)

ATI is a video chipset maker. I'm not sure what your describing or what your wanting. I've never heard of a motherboard made by ATI. Can you clarify your hardware description? eg: what is it, an intergrated video chipset? if so what did it come pre-installed in, pc system brand & model or a retail motherboard brand & model? Please explain.
Old 10-09-2007

jpr5003286 is on a distinguished road

He's referring to a Motherboard chip set produced by ATI, both Nvidia and ATI produce chipsets that are used on MB's of all makes. The problem I've found with this one is that there seems to be no support for XP. The motherboard I have was manufactured for Vista, but I'm trying to roll it back to Windows XP Professional. Seems to be a widespread problem(Thanks Microsoft) because alot of people don't want/can't use Vista on their current scheme.
Old 10-09-2007
Super Moderator

Why are you placing blame on Microsoft? The motherboard maker (or it's vendor) is the party responsbile for motherboard support... not Microsoft, not ATI, and not nVidia.

If I expected my hardware to be supported in Windows XP, I'd buy one with Windows XP installed. STOP buying the machines with Vista installed and tell them you will be back when they offer machines with Windows XP installed.

For folks that buy Vista machines and expect Windows XP support.... have some patience... they are working on a solution.
Old 11-14-2007

Premium Member

corsario007 is on a distinguished road

I need the same ... driver the program "Driver Guide Toolkit" report to me an IXP SB400 AC'97 Modem Controller from ATI Technologies Inc as a verndor, the machine is a Gateway laptop computer, so the driver from Gateway wepage dosen't work.

Please any idea, link, reference, DRIVER I will preciate very much.

Tank's very much

Manuel Camposano
no.email.addys@allowed.com

Last edited by Jerry K : 11-15-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2007

Texaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
Why are you placing blame on Microsoft? The motherboard maker (or it's vendor) is the party responsbile for motherboard support... not Microsoft, not ATI, and not nVidia.

If I expected my hardware to be supported in Windows XP, I'd buy one with Windows XP installed. STOP buying the machines with Vista installed and tell them you will be back when they offer machines with Windows XP installed.

For folks that buy Vista machines and expect Windows XP support.... have some patience... they are working on a solution.

I disagree here... Mikeysoft IS responsible for part of the blame as they are "pushing" Vista on the marketplace. As a result, they are pushing manufacturers to move on to newer platforms.

I can't tell you the number of computers that have run through our shop that are brand-new Vista boxes that have been requested by their owners to pull the O/S and install XP.

I'd be willing to bet that Mikeysoft will NOT be encouraging the hardware manufacturers to provide backward-compatible support. Any takers?
Old 11-15-2007
Super Moderator

I also have the right to refuse to buy a machine with an undesired OS installed. If I want XP, I'll either buy a machine that has support for Windows XP (if I have to buy a used or custom built machine) or I'll figure out how to make XP run on it. Finding an XP driver for hardware on a machine that came with Vista installed is in the near future... but right now it's not available for all machines.... or should I say "not many machines"

If everyone would STOP buying the damn machines with Vista installed, the problem would disappear over night. Stop supporting Microsoft and the situation will change overnight.

I only place blame on them for wanting to push an advanced os that people haven't learned to appreciate yet. They all said the same $hit about Windows XP when it first hit the market.

If I wanted to change how MS controls the OS industry, I won't complain on the discussion boards as I doubt they are listening. I'll simple would not buy machines with Vista installed... simple solution but no one will take the necessary steps to change how Microsoft is controlling the OS market.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]