DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > CD / DVD Request Board

Old 05-01-2007

bassjv is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-841S (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

HELP NEEDED: My Toshiba laptop's CD/DVD Player/Writer is not working and when I checked with the Device Manager the Device Status read: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)". Have tried to download drivers from Toshiba.com but it did not work.

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic)
Model: DVD-RAM UJ-841S
Interface: IDE
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Type of drive: dvd-r/cd-rw (dvd burner, dvd reader, &amp; cd burner combo)
What recording software are you using?: Other (Other: none)

[url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=srch&sm=b&aax=&qa6=630&qa5=3&qa7= 1500&dp=2&qm0=DVD-RAM+UJ-841S&jmd=and&fzz=d"]Find it on DriverGuide[/url] | [url="http://www.google.com/custom?client=pub-4727129938051271&forid=1&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&flav=0001&sig=t06hRycrxd-fw_05&q=Matsushita+%28Matshita+Panasonic%29+CD+%2F+DVD ++DVD-RAM+UJ-841S+Windows+XP+Home+"]Find it with Google[/url] | [url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=getinfo&companyid=630"]Research manufacturer Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic)[/url]
Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-841S (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Simple solution:

Situation
There is a yellow exclamation mark for CD/DVD drives in Device Manager. The device status in the properties of the driver might indicate an error code, for example 32, 37, or 39.

Solution

To solve the issue, you have to edit the Windows Registry:
Click Start, then Run, type REGEDT32 and click OK.
Locate and then remove the following registry values:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlCl ***{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}LowerFilters

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlCl ***{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}UpperFilters

Close Registry Editor.
Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.

Note: Some programs are unable to detect the CD/DVD drive after these steps. To solve this, simply re-install the program in question, eg: usually your recording software. Also, in few instances the order in which the programs are (re-)installed can make a difference.

And here's another method that will do this automatically for you if you're afraid to edit the registry manually.

Code:
[url]http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=22131[/url] (automatic fix, post #7, download file: CdGone.zip)
Old 05-01-2007

bassjv is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-841S (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

To: Jerry K
Fr: bassjv

Thanks for your prompt response. Since I was afraid to manually edit the registry, I tried the other method you suggested (download file: CDGone.zip). After going through the process and re-starting my laptop, my optical device works perfectly! Thanks again, Mr. Super Moderator!
Old 05-03-2007
Super Moderator

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-841S (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

you're very welcome. glad it worked for you. And I want to thank you for trying the cdgone file. You're the first member that's said you used it and it worked. I had previously examined that file and tested it but I was curious if anyone else had tried it. again thanks for your comment.
Old 02-18-2009

jimpri is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-841S (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Hi everyone.

I have the same problem with my Matshita DVD ram UJ 841 s, but nothing is working. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but the latter has no effect. I removed the upper and lower filters and uninstal and reinstal the drivers, but no change.

Any ideas on what else I could do? Needless to say I cannot take into any kind of consideration the possibility of restoring the system with the manufacturer's restore CD-Rom. And how could I, anyway, since the drive is not being recognized by the system?

Guys, please help.

Thanks.

Jim
Old 02-18-2009
Super Moderator

idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Matsushita (Matshita Panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-841S (Windows XP Home) [IDE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpri
Hi everyone.

I have the same problem with my Matshita DVD ram UJ 841 s, but nothing is working. Tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver, but the latter has no effect. I removed the upper and lower filters and uninstal and reinstal the drivers, but no change.

Any ideas on what else I could do? Needless to say I cannot take into any kind of consideration the possibility of restoring the system with the manufacturer's restore CD-Rom. And how could I, anyway, since the drive is not being recognized by the system?

Guys, please help.

Thanks.

Jim

Hi Jim,
ok. let's first test the drive to see if it's working. Obtain a bootable cd disk and insert it into the drive. Make sure in BIOS setup that the optical drive is the FIRST boot device. Then restart the machine. You will see a notice on the screen for about 5 seconds to press any key to boot from the optical drive. If the boot disk boots the system ok, you know the drive is ok and that you have a problem with configuration, or hardware connection, or you have a registry problem.

A Windows XP install disk is a bootable disk. If you do not have such disk try visiting [url]www.bootdisk.com[/url] and see if you can download one. You may need a friend with a working optical drive in order to create a boot disk.

Please post back with the results and also tell me if the drive is listed in My Computer and Device Manager.
Old 07-11-2011

rvchrissy is on a distinguished road

I would like to try CDGONE but the address came back as unable to find it. My mat... cd drive is not working. I looked at the registry but did not see the words lower filter or upper filter. Is it simply the position of these two files?

Chris
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]