DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Scanner Request Board

Old 05-08-2008

Premium Member

Windrider6 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) Scanjet 3300C (Windows Vista) [USB]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepot
I downloaded the driver provided by Evgeni0.. but How do i install it??

i clicked on the wiaacmgr.exe file but nothing happenps....

can anyone please help?

1) Unplug the HP ScanJet 3300C from your Vista computer.

2) Uninstall any drivers from Vista that you have tried to use with the HP ScanJet 3300C.

3) Reboot.

4) Plug the HP ScanJet 3300C into your Vista computer.

5) When the "Found Hardware" wizard starts, direct it to the folder in which the driver you downloaded is in.

6) In that folder is "hpscan.inf", which you should select and open.

7) The wizard then presents a list of compatible drivers from the inf file, which should be only one driver. Choose it.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2008

ricepot is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) Scanjet 3300C (Windows Vista) [USB]

OMG THANK U SOO MUCH!!!!!!!
IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!! >w<

THANKS THANKS BUNCH
Old 05-13-2008

Evgeni0 is on a distinguished road

Helo ricepot, this driver only TWAIN driver, wiacmgr or other scan memneger not work , work only wia twain! (Vista System work another on device)
Old 05-23-2008

falconz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepot
OMG THANK U SOO MUCH!!!!!!!
IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!! >w<
THANKS THANKS BUNCH
I have the same problem. I have been able to install these drivers and the scanner is listed as HP3300c in the device manager.
Which program should I use to give the command to perform a scan? I tried some general twain programs that did say there was no driver for the hp3300c...
Please inform me on what you are using with this driver under Vista!
Old 05-24-2008

Premium Member

Windrider6 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconz
I have the same problem. I have been able to install these drivers and the scanner is listed as HP3300c in the device manager.
Which program should I use to give the command to perform a scan? I tried some general twain programs that did say there was no driver for the hp3300c...
Please inform me on what you are using with this driver under Vista!

I'm able to do the scan with several programs. 1 @ 2 below come with Windows Vista. 3 & 4 are free programs available on the Internet.

1) Windows Photo Gallery - File:Import from Camera or Scanner.

2) Windows Paint - File:From Scanner or Camera.

3) OpenOffice.org Draw - Insert:Picture:Scan:Select Source, then Insert:Picture:Scan:Request.

4) Paint.NET - File:Aquire:From Scanner or Camera
Old 05-30-2008

falconz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider6
I'm able to do the scan with several programs. 1 @ 2 below come with Windows Vista. 3 & 4 are free programs available on the Internet.

1) Windows Photo Gallery - File:Import from Camera or Scanner.

2) Windows Paint - File:From Scanner or Camera.

3) OpenOffice.org Draw - Insert:Picture:Scan:Select Source, then Insert:Picture:Scan:Request.

4) Paint.NET - File:Aquire:From Scanner or Camera
Thank you very much! I had to reinstall the drivers twice, but with the hpscan.inf I succeeded in installing the 3100c properly. And eventually even a scan through photoshop is possible! Thanks again!
Old 06-04-2008

croekk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider6
1) Unplug the HP ScanJet 3300C from your Vista computer.

2) Uninstall any drivers from Vista that you have tried to use with the HP ScanJet 3300C.

3) Reboot.

4) Plug the HP ScanJet 3300C into your Vista computer.

5) When the "Found Hardware" wizard starts, direct it to the folder in which the driver you downloaded is in.

6) In that folder is "hpscan.inf", which you should select and open.

7) The wizard then presents a list of compatible drivers from the inf file, which should be only one driver. Choose it.

I've got the same scanner and the same problem and unfortunately your solution doesn't work for me. You said I should select the hpscan.inf file, but with the vista hardware wizard I can only select folders not certain files. And guess what? Windows can't find driver software in that folder, although hpscan.inf as well as all the other files from the .zip archive are in it. Any solutions?
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]