DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Network Adapter Request Board

Old 11-10-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: edup wireless lan card (Windows XP Professional)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkbu
just a quick reply i recently brought a edup wifi network card from ebay with no drivers but was given this link for drivers and they worked fine
[URL="http://cid-ef600cf450eb0607.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Product%20Driver%20Downloads/WIRELESS%20CARDS/PCI%5E_5 4mbps%20Wireless%20Driver.rar"]WIRELESS CARDS PCI Wireless Drivers[/URL]...

hope they help someone else....

Your link is no good. Stop posting it or try posting a working link.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2009

Doc_Martin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: edup wireless lan card (Windows XP Professional)

I too bought an EDUP wireless card and the supplied mini cd did not even work. Spent hours looking and found the solution. Thanks to FidelCastrol.
[url]http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/BrowseReviews.dx/sku.1506[/url]

So, go into your devices manager, and do a right click on the new hardware. Then click "Properties". Go into the "Details" tab, or something like that (usually the 4th one, starting from left).Once in there, select the second option in the drop list, and you should see something like PCI\VEN_XXXX&DEV_YYYY.Go to [url]www.pcidatabase.com[/url] and enter into "vendor search" the XXXX values. It will bring you to a new page, select the manufacturer, and look for the YYYY value. It should give you the chipset. Now go use google to find some compatible drivers :-)

The driver that works is this one: [url]http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1316252[/url] it is the Broadcom Driver.iso 11.6mb. Worked immediately it was opened.
Enjoy!!
Old 02-23-2010

Maciek30 is on a distinguished road

For every one who is looking for EDUP driver:

The simple way is just open it and check the chip manufacture name and number.

In my case was Z Ralink 2070, all what you need to do after this is find the website or go to [url]http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php[/url] and downolad it.

I have installed software and driver and tested on XP and Vista. Works fine.

Hope these help.

Maciek
Old 03-25-2010

stipa is on a distinguished road

hi everyone,
well i also buy EDUP wireless lan card on ebay and of course drivers don't work for me either
i try what Doc_Martin said and i got this id: pci/ven_14e4&dev_2000
i search on google and [url]www.pcidatabase.com[/url] but i didn't find what chip is build inside my wifi card, i didn't get any result for DEV_2000 ...
I also try some drivers of Brodacome but then i get message: "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"...
i'm wondering if someone got this same chip, and did he make it work...
thx for your help
Old 04-09-2010

OldBlue71 is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: edup wireless lan card (Windows XP Professional)

I tried all the good help here until it dawned on me that maybe I should read the Manual that came in the mini-CD collection. It warns that if you put the card in the computer slot before you install the software it will reject the driver as incompatible. So, I turned off the computer, took the thing out, turned it back on and hit the 'setup.exe' part of the CD, got it installed, turned the computer off, put the thing in its pCi slot, turned the computer on and it fired right up, recognized immediately as a wireless adapter.

Felt kind of dumb.
Old 09-04-2010

peaceman57 is on a distinguished road

Looks like this card, the pcmcia one, is an adaptor with a mini pci card inside of it. I got mine off of ebay, no drivers. Mine worked with a Dell truemobile 1300 driver, which actually is broadcom.

Best thing to do, like Doc Martin said, is look in the device manager, click the device, then under details look for the string:

PCI\VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy .

Then google for VEN_xxxx&DEV_yyyy . It should come up with some search results with a model number. Then you can search for the driver for that particular model. As long as the xxxx number and yyyy number is the same it will work.

If you cannot find the exact driver, and you know another driver is for the same chipset, you can try modifying the inf file. Windows will not use the driver unless the xxxx number and yyyy number matches. That would work sometimes, sometimes not; sometimes the drivers are dependant on the firmware that is programmed in the device.

good luck.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]