Operating System: Windows Vista
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Artec
Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2007

Traveller is on a distinguished road
Default Artec 1236USB/Ultima 2000 How-To: Setting up drivers in Vista

How to get the Artec 1236USB/Ultima 2000 scanner working in Windows Vista. Note that this how-to skips the various UAC prompts that occur throughout the process.

1. Right click on the Setup executable (whatever the name is, also assumes the full 22MB file) and then select the Compatibility tab. Set compatibility settings to Windows XP (Service Pack 2), and set the program's Privilege Level to run as administrator.

2. Install the scanner drivers and reboot the computer.

3. Go into Control Panel, select System, then select the Device Manager. Select the scanner, which should appear as an unknown item on the list. Right click on the unknown and select Properties, then select the Driver tab. Select the Update Driver button and let it search for the Artec drivers. A warning will appear regarding the lack of a digital signature. Tell Windows to install the driver anyway.

4. Reboot computer.

5. Search for Scan32.exe or open an Explorer window and drill down to c:\windows\twain_32\artecusb\.

6. Right click on Scan32.exe and select the Compatibility tab. Set compatibility settings on scan32.exe to Windows XP SP2 and make sure the executable can run as an administrator.

7. If desired, repeat this process with ScnPanel.exe in c:\program files\artecusb\scanpanel\. My personal opinion is that ScnPanel.exe is redundant, the aforementioned scan32.exe file being far more flexible. It only serves to use up resources, so I wouldn't bother with making the file compatible and would just remove it from the Startup group.

8. Start scanning.

Artec is unlikely to ever produce updated scanner drivers, as they are apparently out of the scanner business altogether.
Old 07-03-2008

nasirimran is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Artec e+pro usb vista driver

i got my Artec e+Pro usb scanner to work under vista.

1) download the xp version driver of the above scanner onto the desktop.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDow...oad-46231.html

2) right click the exe icon.
select compatibility as xp service pack 2
RUN as administrator
allow this program to run even though it has not been aproved by microsoft.

3) go to c:/windows/twain_32/ePlusPro/Scan32.exe
right click SCAN32.exe
select compatibility as XP service pack 2
RUN as administrator.

i actually created a shortcut to the desktop of scan32.exe.

Now everytime i click on this..........my artec e+pro scanner work absolutely fine.

Last edited by nasirimran : 07-03-2008 at 03:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2009

boederscansmart is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Artec 1236USB/Ultima 2000 How-To: Setting up drivers in Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller
How to get the Artec 1236USB/Ultima 2000 scanner working in Windows Vista. Note that this how-to skips the various UAC prompts that occur throughout the process.

1. Right click on the Setup executable (whatever the name is, also assumes the full 22MB file) and then select the Compatibility tab. Set compatibility settings to Windows XP (Service Pack 2), and set the program's Privilege Level to run as administrator.

2. Install the scanner drivers and reboot the computer.

3. Go into Control Panel, select System, then select the Device Manager. Select the scanner, which should appear as an unknown item on the list. Right click on the unknown and select Properties, then select the Driver tab. Select the Update Driver button and let it search for the Artec drivers. A warning will appear regarding the lack of a digital signature. Tell Windows to install the driver anyway.

4. Reboot computer.

5. Search for Scan32.exe or open an Explorer window and drill down to c:\windows\twain_32\artecusb\.

6. Right click on Scan32.exe and select the Compatibility tab. Set compatibility settings on scan32.exe to Windows XP SP2 and make sure the executable can run as an administrator.

7. If desired, repeat this process with ScnPanel.exe in c:\program files\artecusb\scanpanel\. My personal opinion is that ScnPanel.exe is redundant, the aforementioned scan32.exe file being far more flexible. It only serves to use up resources, so I wouldn't bother with making the file compatible and would just remove it from the Startup group.

8. Start scanning.

Artec is unlikely to ever produce updated scanner drivers, as they are apparently out of the scanner business altogether.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! NOW I HAVE MY "Sm@rtScan Slim Edition" SCANNING PERFECTLY WITH MY "Windows Vista Home Premium"... finaly!!!!!!!!
thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2010

jmdiaz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Artec 1236USB/Ultima 2000 How-To: Setting up drivers in Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by boederscansmart
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! NOW I HAVE MY "Sm@rtScan Slim Edition" SCANNING PERFECTLY WITH MY "Windows Vista Home Premium"... finaly!!!!!!!!
thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!!!
TRAVELLER thank you very much to the installation guide ARTEC 1236USB Scanner. if I carried out the installation of the driver and finally make it work.
Thank you and very grateful.
Old 05-31-2010

DeanVRS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Artec ultima 2000 (Windows Vista) [USB]

Just to say that this works perfectly with Windows 7 professional as well.

Thanks alot.
Old 04-30-2011

sofez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Artec ultima 2000 (Windows Vista) [USB]

it won't work for me on windows 7 ultimate when i try to search for the drivers it says windows can't find any. What may be the problem? I get to work the Scan Panel but when i try to use it it says it fails to open the Twain Driver. My driver file is named u2k_V292. Any ideas please?

Last edited by sofez : 04-30-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]