DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Compaq & Printer / Plotter / Multi-Office

Old 02-03-2007

bmurray is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: Compaq C7statmn.EXE (not .ex_) [Command line missing arguments) (Windows 98SE) [Parallel Port]

When attempting to print, error message claims printer (Compaq IJ on Compaq Presario 5600) is out of paper and that printer is not connected. Neither is true.] Then C7statmn error message states there is an invalid page fault. I have C7statmn.ex_ and C7statmn.EXE Clicking the .EXE file produces the message: Missing Comman Line Arguments. How do I supply them?

Support Information:
Device Type: Printer / Plotter / Multi-Office
Manufacturer: Compaq
Model: C7statmn.EXE (not .ex_) [Command line missing arguments)
Interface: Parallel Port
Operating System: Windows 98SE
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Compaq
Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Compaq C7statmn.EXE (not .ex_) [Command line missing arguments) (Windows 98SE) [Parallel Port]

This is the most unclear request I've tried to unscramble today. One would have to see thru the frosty crystal ball to understand what your talking about.

What is "C7statmn.EXE? Why are you clicking on it? What do you expect to happen when you click it? What are you trying to do or what is your ultimate goal? And did you really expect anyone to be able to understand what your trying to do here? There's no way I can help until I can understand the question.

Are you wanting a driver or do you have a problem that you need help with? Either way, it would help if you stated the problem in terms that could be understood. It appears your getting a printer error. Does this prevent the machine from printing? Have you installed the correct printer driver?

Last edited by Jerry K : 02-04-2007 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2007

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Compaq C7statmn.EXE (not .ex_) [Command line missing arguments) (Windows 98SE) [Parallel Port]

I have the driver for the printer: Compaq IJ700. It is installed and the computer recognizes the printer, but when I attempt to print, the IJ700 control window claims that paper tray is empty and/or printer not on line. Neither is true. After those messages the next one is: C7statmn -- Invalid page fault. C7statmn.exe is apparently produced by C7statmn.ex_ in the driver file. In trying to diagnose, I clicked on C7statmn.ex and received the "Command line missing arguments" message. I would like to supply those arguments in hopes that I can use the printer with this computer. I have no difficulty in using the printer with another computer where the same driver is installed under Windows XP, and not 98SE which is on the first computer. If XP uses C7statmn.exe, I cannot find it.
Old 02-06-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Compaq C7statmn.EXE (not .ex_) [Command line missing arguments) (Windows 98SE) [Parallel Port]

Windows XP drivers will not work on Windows 98 machines and vice-versa.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp10001-10500/sp10491.exe (Windows 98 driver)

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp15501-16000/sp15838.exe (Windows 2000 driver)

No Windows XP driver exists from HP. To use the machine in Windows XP requires the driver Microsoft includes with the operating system.

I don't see the need for even mentioning Windows XP when your request is for Windows 98. All that does is cause confusion for anyone attempting to help you. It sounds like you've been trying to use the driver from the Windows XP machine on the Windows 98 machine. That won't work. Try using a Windows 98 driver if your machine has Windows 98.
Old 02-06-2007

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Compaq C7statmn.EXE (not .ex_) [Command line missing arguments) (Windows 98SE) [Parallel Port]

I'm not trying to use XP driver on 98SE, but I did search Windows XP to see if any of the files in that driver to replace files in the 98SE driver that were cited in the error messages I have received (and solved) since this situation started.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]