DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > UMAX & Scanner

Old 01-31-2007

RBRYSON is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: UMAX Astra 1220s (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

I am installing a scsi scanner and require the scsi card driver as well as the scanner driver.

Support Information:
Device Type: Scanner
Manufacturer: UMAX
Model: Astra 1220s
Interface: SCSI
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: Not specified
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer UMAX
Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: UMAX Astra 1220s (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

No official XP support exists for the ancient model. I've made them work in the past and here's how I did it:

1: You gotta have Vistascan 3.75u
2: You gotta have the version updater, 3.75u to 3.82u
3: You gotta have the patch, xpupdater.exe

In recent months, Umax has taken these files off most of their public access sites. However, most (if not all) are posted on driverguide.com. You need to start with our Advanced Search wizard and look for them using that method. Or use Google and keywords: Vistascan 3.75u or vs375u.exe. I have personally uploaded 2 files in the past that contain these files all zipped into one file for easier/faster downloading so if you can't find them any other way, try searching with the UPLOADER box and type Jerry K or just Jerry into that box. Many of the members that have downloaded these files have left comments which you need to read while on the download page (some have some good usable/helpful info for installation). Some are making them work just fine while others can't make anything work.

Are you using the scsi controller that was shipped with the scanner or a 3rd party controller? Would be a good idea to state what scsi controller card you have to be safe. And the drivers for the original card are included with VistaScan software. And the best I remember, there's 2 other choices in that part of the installation that allows for different scsi cards but I've forgotten what the other 2 brands/models are.

Also, bear in mind that this model of scanner was firmware upgradable so be wary about loading any files until you know for sure which firmware revision your scanner contains. The drivers for the newer firmware won't work on a scanner containing the original firmware and vice-versa.

I still have all these files backed up on cd so if you can't find the drivers posted, let me know and I'll find them and re-up then leave you a link here in this thread.

I've had a 1200s for several years but got it connect to an old Win98 machine. Never tested it in Windows XP. I have the original installation disk for it in case any one needs the 9x drivers. It came with the UDS-IS11 pci scsi card and has the original 2.9 firmware... never had a need to upgrade so it's still virgin. I didn't like the Vistascan OCR software so I used iPhoto software from an Acer 610S scanner. It works much better and has a easier user interface than Vistascan. The 1200S produces better quality scans than any current USB scanner on the market. I'd almost bet the 1220S is even better quality. No one makes a good scanner nowdays. The older HP scsi scanners produced good quality scans too.
Old 12-30-2007

Kichiong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: UMAX Astra 1220s (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

I used to be able to work on my Astra 1220s with xp drivers downloaded from the UMAX Germany site, which is no longer there. I would appreciate if you have a backup that I can use. (Somebody should let the UMAX guys know that customer support is NOT optional...)
Thank you in advance.
Old 12-12-2009

Macrel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: UMAX Astra 1220s (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

IT WORKS!
I have a UMAX Astra 1220s which uses the SCSI interface. I am using Windows XP Pro. I have managed to find and install vs375u.exe and vs375u_382upd.exe, but I could not find xpupdater.exe . At this time vista32.exe could not find the scanner. The new hardware is detected, but I am not finding the SCSI Controller driver. I get a yellow question mark next to the SCSI Controller in Device Manager.

Solution: look up the FCC ID from the card in google: KQ53191D-1. I found the Domex drivers page: http://www.domex.com.tw/support/driver/d_3191d.htm .

I downloaded and installed w2k.zip which is for win 2000. It warns that this is not XP tested, but I took the risk.
With the scanner ON, I rebooted, and then the scanner works.

Last edited by Macrel : 12-12-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]