some folks who do this state they only find one...either upper or lower. Delete both or if only one is present, delete the one.
This is Microsofts exact method of performing this procedure if you wish to read it: (scroll down to: Method #1: Remove the registry entry)
and some drive problems can be fixed using this method:
- Press on "START"
- Then on "CONTROL PANEL"
- Then click on "Administrative Tools"
- Then on "Computer Management"
- Click on the [+] of "STORAGE"
- Then on the [+] of "REMOVABLE STORAGE"
- Then on the [+] of "LIBRAIRIES"
Your CD Drive should be listed, click on it to enable it.
- Then try your CD tray to see if it opens and close normally.
- It should now also appear on the "My Computer"