DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 08-13-2006

Catachan Man is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Realtek AC97 Code 10 possible solution

I have tried so many things to try to get my realtek speakers to work after my computer's hard drive failed and I had to reinstall XP. I finally fixed the Code 10 problem by downloading the realtek drivers, they should be located at this website:

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html

I didn't download the driver from here but I cannot remember where it was, though somewhere in the realtek official website, the download I am pretty sure was 17MB so this seems like the right driver.
Download the driver to a file, then extract the contents of the downloaded file to a file that you can find easily, then go to that file, doubleclick on the realtek setup.exe file and it should install itself to your windows folder, repairing the Realtek AC97 Code 10 problem. If someone could do these steps and tell me that it does indeed work it would be appreciated, thanks and I hope that this solution works for all of you who don't have it fixed yet. Thanks,
Catachan Man.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2008

bwwd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Realtek AC97 Code 10 possible solution

I spent 12 HOURS with my E-Systems laptop figuring out how to get those damn drivers to work , and ive got it.I even started thinking about buying another laptop.Theres a lot of xxxxxx info on this website:http://support.thetechguys.com/Layou...-6cb07c02a705}
But doesnt matter.First...
You must download this chipset utility:
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...&DwnldID=13499

Then download this driver(i have it for winxp):
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...GR-68104#audio

So first remove your audio card from system/hardware list in config panel.
Then install chipset utility
then install driver for audio.
Should be ok and recognize your card.

Last edited by Jerry K : 06-14-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2010

shaneeagle is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Realtek AC97 Code 10 possible solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catachan Man

If someone could do these steps and tell me that it does indeed work it would be appreciated, thanks and I hope that this solution works for all of you who don't have it fixed yet. Thanks,
Catachan Man.

Hi and thanks for the info. I am trying (and failing most of the time) to get cubase SX to work with my Yamaha 01X soundcard. I had to reinstall my computer so many times ti was rediculous. Fortunately I have 2 computers so I took one off line to use as a dedicated sound computer. My first problem was to fix the code 10 on my ac97 driver. Your solution did indeed work. My driver indicates no problems. I wish I could say the same with my sound card set up.

Many thanks

Shane

'Success arrives when failure stops paying attention'
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]