DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > ADMtek & Network Devices

Old 07-31-2006

stangman is on a distinguished road
Question HELP NEEDED: ADMtek Wireless PC Card (Windows ME)

I downloaded the drivers from Drivers.com, installed them, but the Wirless Utility keeps indicating that the "Driver not loaded" in the status window. I double checked to make sure the drivers were working properly in the device manager and it states that the drivers are working properly. Why is the computer recognizing that the drivers are there, but the Wireless LAN Utility isn't and what do I need to do to correct this?

Support Information:
Device Type: Network Adapter
Manufacturer: ADMtek
Model: Wireless PC Card
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows ME
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID: MQ4WP2K

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer ADMtek
Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: HELP NEEDED: ADMtek Wireless PC Card (Windows ME)

What driver (filename) and from what url on www.drivers.com? You may not have the right driver or an incomplete one.
Old 08-02-2006

stangman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP NEEDED: ADMtek Wireless PC Card (Windows ME)

I appologize, I downloaded the drivers fromdriverguide.com. The the download link is here.

http://members.driverguide.com/drive...riverid=265071

The driver file : D6.0.0.18_U6.0.0.48.zip
driver version: 03/10/2004 6.0.0.18

If you need more information..just ask.
Old 02-10-2007

Max_dout is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HELP NEEDED: ADMtek Wireless PC Card (Windows ME)

(Admins - sorry for necro'ing this thread, but I can contribute relevant info)

Stangman et al -

The drivers and utility in this download are apparently for a Texas Instruments card *only*. I have a card from another manufacturer which has the ADM8211 chipset, and get the same error as noted above (under win98). According to the win98 Device Mgr, the drivers in the above download are for a TI card, and are for some reason not compatible with all cards that have the ADM chipset.

I was trying to install this for a client whose computer has win98, trying to save them money on hardware by giving them this older card. I had been using this card for a number of years on one of my Linux systems with no problems at all, it is well supported in that environment.

Perhaps the above mentioned ADM8211 page could be changed by an Admin to reflect that it is for a TI card, and may not play well with other manufacturers devices?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]