DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Nikon & Scanner

Old 09-20-2005
Wolfgang

Default DRIVER NEEDED: Nikon CoolScan LS 30 (Windows XP Professional)

Hi
I have been looking for the driver for my CoolScan LS30 on different websites, for a couple of weeks now and I just can't find any help. The official website of Nikon isn't helpful and I couldn't find the driver on driversguide.com by using the search engine.

Now is there actually a driver for this Scanner under Windows XP or not? And if not, is there anything I can do to get around this problem.

I would really appreciate some help, thank you!
Wolfgang

Support Information:
Device Type: Scanner
Manufacturer: Nikon
Model: CoolScan LS 30
Interface: SCSI
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Nikon
Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2005
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Comment

Nikon support = Nikon website

Nikon LS30 Support

Last edited by Jerry K : 10-30-2007 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-04-2006
Terry Horan

Default I Need It Too

I found the Nikon site helpful, but only in a negative sense they appeared to supply the driver, but, after downloading, I found that it only supported later versions of the scanner; I tried formware and found the definite comment that it was available only for Windows 2000 and earlier

Last edited by Jerry K : 10-30-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2007

john jackson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Nikon CoolScan LS 30 (Windows XP Professional)

This may be old news, but perhaps it will be useful to somebody.

I just bought a CoolScan LS-30 on e-bay. The seller sent me this link for a page on the Adaptec site. The page includes several versions of something that works as a driver for the SCSI interface card, although they don't call it a driver. They call it an "ASPI platform". I don't know how the seller found this. I certainly couldn't.

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/downloa...s+ASPI+Package)

I'm not a computer expert and don't exactly know what's going on here, but I downloaded the latest version of the "ASPI platform" and it does work on my Windows 2000 Pro, Service Pack 4. The Adaptec site says it will also work on XP. The SCSI card for this CoolScan is an Adaptec 2903B. The "ASPI platform" will probably work on other SCSI cards, but I don't know which ones.

The driver for the scanner itself appears to be included in the Nikon Scan software that comes with it. I installed the software, turned the scanner on, and rebooted. Windows went through its "new hardware" routine once and was satisfied, and the scanner worked.

The Nikon Scan 2.5 that comes with the scanner seems to work OK. The latest Nikon Scan software (3.x) is available on Nikon's download site (about 16 megs). This version might require a firmware update for the scanner. When the Nikon Scan software starts, the firmware version of the scanner appears in the top title bar of the scan window right after the name of the scanner. If it is not the required 1.3x firmware, that firmware update is also available on the Nikon site.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]