DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Hewlett Packard (HP) & Scanner

Old 04-24-2005
Mike Carter

Default DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP photo scanner 1000 (Windows XP Home)

I was given this scanner with no drivers. I connected it to my system and somehow a driver was found. It worked once and now wont operate. Does anyone have the driver?
Thanks

Support Information:
Device Type: Scanner
Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard (HP)
Model: HP photo scanner 1000
Interface: USB
Operating System: Windows XP Home
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Hewlett Packard (HP

----
Send an email to Mike Carter through DriverGuide's contact form
Sponsored Links

Old 04-29-2005
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Comment

Last edited by Jerry K : 05-08-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 03-07-2006
Nanoda

Default Comment

This scanner is meant to operate as a bulk usb storage device, meaning that in 2k, XP, etc. you should be able to just plug it in and see a new drive of size 16Mb where your scans appear.

If it's not working, you may want to remove the driver in the Control Panel/Hardware section and plug it in again.
I'm looking for a Win98 driver for it right now, as Win98 doesn't support generic bulk USB, and requires a driver which HP's website is surprisingly reluctant to deliver.
Old 04-22-2006
John Bly

Default Comment

I received a phone call bac from a HP Support Person regarding my search for a Windows 98 driver for their HP Photo Scanner 1000; he acknowledged that they had removed it from thier download list, he sid that he did not know when it was removed, but advised that I could order a disc which I told him no thanks, as it was going to cost more than what I paid for the scanner new from Staples. $15.98 plus shipping & handling (U.S.) Only about $30.00 Canadian, Unfortunately I have not found a site that has a 98 driver available for download.

Last edited by Jerry K : 05-08-2009 at 04:14 AM.
Old 05-08-2009

BlackBarbie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP photo scanner 1000 (Windows XP Home)

I need it too. Windows XP Home...Just plugging it in to the computer does not work in XP, it recognizes the device, but still asks for the CD with the software. Somebody HEEEEEEELLLLLLLP!
Old 12-21-2012

javafunk2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP photo scanner 1000 (Windows XP Home)

I had the same issues (on XP) and downloaded and installed the following application... that worked for me

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=sj-13026-3

NOTE: This is an extremely large file (over 220mb) that may take many hours to download.

also, there is an update. This software update resolves a problem where customers can only scan once, then must reboot the system or reconnect the USB cable to the scanner in order to scan again. This issue has only been seen on Windows 2000 and Windows XP systems. If you are not having this problem, you do not need this update.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/softwa...-1/sj611mu.exe

Hope this info helps. Larry
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]