DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Intel

Old 06-04-2005
Rayen

Default DRIVER NEEDED: Intel New drivers for: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442 (Windows XP Professional)

Hi,
I did a driver check on www.drivershq.com, I found out that I don't have the "newest" drivers for my:
Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442

Intel(R) 82801BA Ultra ATA Controller

also, I couldn't find the newest drivers on the site of Intel, Windows Update and on this site. So I was wondering if somebody could upload the drivers so I could download it?
Thank you,
Rayen

Support Information:
Device Type: IDE Controller
Manufacturer: Intel
Model: News drivers for: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442, Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2444 , Intel(R) 82801BA Ultra ATA Controller ?
Interface: Other
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Find it on DriverGuide | Find it with Google | Research manufacturer Intel

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-22-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2005
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Comment

How did you determine that the drivers you current have are not the latest? What problem are you having?
Windows XP os usually provides the latest drivers for USB controllers. Anything newer can be obtained by using the Windows Update from your START menu. Also, Intel support can usually be found on the Intel website.

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-22-2006 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-14-2006

jeangrim is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel New drivers for: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Con

I cannot access the internet on my other computer at home with this same driver Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM.

I am also trying to find an update. The problem I am having is that whenever I plug in a USB device to any of the USB ports a bubble notification pops up saying (This device cannot run at optimal speed. Please plug into a High Speed USB host controller. Click here to see what controllers are available.) So what makes sense to me is to download a high-speed USB host controller to install, because the only controller available is the Intel(R) 82801BA/BAM

I am having trouble navigating the Intel site also, it's not very user friendly.
Old 12-14-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel New drivers for: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Con

You cannot overcome hardware limitations with a driver. If your usb controller is v1.1, it will remain in that state regardless of what driver is installed. The way to overcome the hardware restriction is to disable the on-board usb controller in pc bios setup, then buy and install a USB 2.0 high speed pci usb controller card.

If you have SP1 or higher installed and your still getting that message, then your controller is usb v1.1. The serrvice packs from Microsoft automatically provide usb 2.0 support.

read more here: http://support.intel.com/support/chi.../CS-009262.htm
Old 11-02-2013

MsMillie55 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Intel New drivers for: Intel(r) 82801BA/BAM USB Universal Host Controller - 2442 (Windows XP Professional)

Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it!

Last edited by MsMillie55 : 03-26-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]