DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Mac OSX

Old 11-15-2004
Unregistered

Default Printed not recognized by mac

Hi, I have a printer hp laserjet 6L and works perfectly in windows 2000, but it's not recognized by my powerbook (Mac OS X 10.3.6). I don't know if the problem is the printer or the usb-parallel adapter that I use to connect it to the powerbook (the adapter works well under windows). Can anybody tell me what I should do to use the printer with the mac? It seems that there is no driver available for this printer under Mac OS X, so I don't know what I can do to use it.
Thank you.
Silvia
Sponsored Links

Old 09-17-2008

bobbyrae is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Printed not recognized by mac

Well Silvia,

you posted this about 4 years ago, but when I go look at supported printers, there IS a driver from gutenprint available in OSX 10.5 for the 6L
Old 02-03-2009

azdream is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Printed not recognized by mac

Hi Silvia,

I suppose you have PC and MAC.

One thing you could do is to share the printer in windows 2000. If you're using a dynamic IP it could be a problem, you need to change TCP to a static IP.

First go to All Programas->Accesories->System symbol and write ipconfig and push intro, write the connection Ip address, subnet, gateway...

Go to control panel, Connections -> right click in your lan conection and select properties

Then select Internet Protocol TCP/IP and clic properties, select use following IP and put you have write down firs IP address: 192.168.x.x or you have in IP address, sunet mask, gateway: 192.168.x.1 or you have in Gateway

To DNS you can use: 194.179.1.100 and 194.179.1.101 or look into http://blog.azdream.es/2009/01/dns-d...s-de-internet/ for another DNS.

Then accept changes, and go to mac

Open the printer utility (Applications->Utilities).. (sorry if the name it's not exactly.. i'm spanish from spain)

Well, when you open it you need to add another printer... later appear another window with 2 buttons clic on Printer Navigator, select More Printers.

In the new windows Select Windows Printers and the network (i supose workgroup) then apper the windows 2000 computer, open it (fill username you have in windows 2000 to open sesion) and appears the laserjet 6l printer.

At the bottom select HP printer and try HP Laserjet 6 series - Gimp-Print v5.0.0-beta2 or a generic printer and add

Try to print something

If not print try to install PCMac Lan into PC and MAc and share Printer.

If need more help say me or send me a mail: no.email.addys@allowed.es

Greetings

Last edited by Jerry K : 02-04-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]