English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 3.x

Old 12-25-2004
Question missing operating system- WIN 3.1x

I am getting this message after replacing the CMOS battery in an old 80486dx2 machine. I reset the cmos as to what I was the origional format was (or so I was told). Once I get the message it wont let me go onto a C: promt. it is holding on the message. Anybody have any ideas how to resolve this? I figure I can have this running after I get past this point. The bios seems to be there.
Other info on bios screen is CONTAQ-82C596-2A4H2E31-00
66 MHZ
DATED 06/20/94
Thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2004

Do you have set in bios boot drive to C: ?
If not change it :-)
Old 04-15-2005

This usually happens on these old PCs which cannot auto-detect the hard disk drive ; you will probably need to get the hard disk information... type number or better, all the following technical infos : cylinders, number of heads, sectors per track... which you should be able to find on the hard disk's manufacturer's website once you know the precise model.

You'll probably have to open the PC again to see it written somewhere on top of the hard disk drive.

When you have all the info, enter the BIOS Setup Utility and specify these technical data by selecting "User" type for the drive in "Standard CMOS Setup" (well, this is if you have a standard AWARD BIOS).
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]