DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 08-01-2007

Alessa is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Help with acer scanner controller!

Hi,

I need your help. It happens that the only scanner I have, is a very very old one...

I really need it right now, it used to work very well with my computer. It was usually unplugged but, today I wanted to use it and the computer didn't recognize it anymore.

It is an Acer Scanner, Model 6687 - 1PY. I've been trying to look for this controller, but it doesn't exist. There exist models with the numbers 6687 but no with 1PY.

Which is the controller I should use?

Please, is urgent!
Sponsored Links

Old 08-01-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Help with acer scanner controller!

Acer (now owned by BenQ) does not list their scanners (nor controllers) according to the tag on the rear label. You must use the label attached to the top lid of the scanner. An you must state how the scanner connects to the pc (that's why we provide a preset form in our driver request section, which you choose not to use). You don't get the form when you select the technical support forum so we get very often, requests we cannot help because of lack of proper hardware descriptions.

I advise you to read the information already asked and answered in our SCANNER driver request forum. Chances are very good the same question has already been asked and answered. There's no Acer scanner model I have not previously answered in that forum. Please take the few minutes of time required to read what we have already provided to you.

If you need additional help, please state what model (the model on the lid) of Acer scanner you have and what type of interfaces it uses and what your current operating system is.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]