DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...)

Old 07-21-2004
Unregistered

Default IDE controller - with Win 2003 server support

I recently picked up a Promise FastTrak66 PCI IDE controller card thinking it supports everything. Well, everything except Windows 2003 server.

Can anyone recommend a stable PCI IDE controller (for DVD's and CD's) with 2 ports; 4 would be a bonus. Also, if it provided Firewire or Serial ATA, again bonus.

Thanks in advance,

Robert
Sponsored Links

Old 07-21-2004
damien

the microsoft WHDC section of the microsoft web site LISTS all vendors that have currently been valadated with microsoft OS'S

please visit the Hardware Quality Labs section and research this yourself. (WHQL testing link)

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/default.mspx[/url]
Old 07-21-2004
Unregistered

Thanks for the link, but I was actually asking this group what they have used and could recommend.

Respectfully,

Robert
Old 07-22-2004
damien

If you had read some of the posts here you would quickly realize that 98% of the people here are clueless. (in that they are asking not able to provide help) and therefor not qualified to answer your question. i also will refrain from doing so. not because i've never used PCI raid cards or windows 2003 server (i do quite often in my job) but due to you not stating what you wish the hardware to do and under what role the server will be set up for. if this is a causual non work related server then YOU are the one best qualified to answer your own question in this reguard. and if used in a work enviroment then find qualified IT support and ask them
Old 07-24-2004
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien
If you had read some of the posts here you would quickly realize that 98% of the people here are clueless. (in that they are asking not able to provide help) and therefor not qualified to answer your question. i also will refrain from doing so. not because i've never used PCI raid cards or windows 2003 server (i do quite often in my job) but due to you not stating what you wish the hardware to do and under what role the server will be set up for. if this is a causual non work related server then YOU are the one best qualified to answer your own question in this reguard. and if used in a work enviroment then find qualified IT support and ask them

Pardon my French, but you are an absolute .

Of course I could hire a professional, but most people use forums like these to gather a few bits of information and try to hammer things out for themselves. It's called learning.

I was quite specific in my original post:

Can anyone recommend a stable PCI IDE controller (for DVD's and CD's) with Windows 2003 Server support?

Does it matter if it's for a productions server? No. Does it matter if it for my personal gaming PC? No. Just a simple question, can anyone recommend a piece of hardware?

Damien, I didn't ask for a link; I'm talented enough to search Google and Yahoo for those. I even took the time to read most of those. But most of them never recommended a piece of hardware. And the few that did, were manufacture site driven. What I was looking for was an unbiased, this works in the field, used it - and I love it, recommendation.

Not some, and I quote, "i do quite often in my job" but I'm such an elitest that I can tell you. I'm also quite sure that everyone here is in love with you. The "If you had read some of the posts here you would quickly realize that 98% of the people here are clueless" comment should quickly tell every moderator at this site that you don't care one bit about the members and guests that frequesnt this forum. That comment should also get you promptly banned. And if by chance you are somehow a part of this organization, you will be it's demise.

I most sincerely apologize to anyone I might have offended by this post; except of course Damien, to you I hope I pissed you off 10 ways to Tuesday.

If anyone other than Damien could recommend a hardware solution that they have actually tired, then to you my hat is off, and I am truely grateful. For you have saved my countless dollars on buying hardware and trying each one out to see if it actually works; or in the case of Damien's suggestion, hiring a professional and getting sold a bill of goods that probably will never truely work. Gee, been down that road before. And yes, they were certified.

In closing, hats to those that can endure the Damien's of the world. I can't. And more to the point, I won't. Don't talk down to me because I may not know. At least I asked.

Respectfully,

Robert
Old 07-24-2004
Unregistered

Quote:

Pardon my French, but you are an absolute a$$-hole.

Of course I could hire a professional, but most people use forums like these to gather a few bits of information and try to hammer things out for themselves. It's called learning.

Can anyone recommend a stable PCI IDE controller (for DVD's and CD's) with Windows 2003 Server support?

Does it matter if it's for a productions server? No. Does it matter if it for my personal gaming PC? No. Just a simple question, can anyone recommend a piece of hardware?

Damien, I didn't ask for a link; I'm talented enough to search Google and Yahoo for those. I even took the time to read most of those. But most of them never recommended a piece of hardware. And the few that did, were manufacture site driven. What I was looking for was an unbiased, this works in the field, used it - and I love it, recommendation.

Not some, and I quote, "i do quite often in my job" but I'm such an elitest that I can tell you. I'm also quite sure that everyone here is in love with you. The "If you had read some of the posts here you would quickly realize that 98% of the people here are clueless" comment should quickly tell every moderator at this site that you don't care one bit about the members and guests that frequesnt this forum. That comment should also get you promptly banned. And if by chance you are somehow a part of this organization, you will be it's demise.

I most sincerely apologize to anyone I might have offended by this post; except of course Damien, to you I hope I pissed you off 10 ways to Tuesday.

If anyone other than Damien could recommend a hardware solution that they have actually tired, then to you my hat is off, and I am truely grateful. For you have saved my countless dollars on buying hardware and trying each one out to see if it actually works; or in the case of Damien's suggestion, hiring a professional and getting sold a bill of goods that probably will never truely work. Gee, been down that road before. And yes, they were certified.

In closing, hats to those that can endure the Damien's of the world. I can't. And more to the point, I won't. Don't talk down to me because I may not know. At least I asked.

Respectfully,

Robert
Old 07-24-2004
Unregistered

Quote:

Pardon my French, but you are an absolute a$$-hole.

Not some, and I quote, "i do quite often in my job" but I'm such an elitest that I can tell you. I'm also quite sure that everyone here is in love with you. The "If you had read some of the posts here you would quickly realize that 98% of the people here are clueless" comment should quickly tell every moderator at this site that you don't care one bit about the members and guests that frequent this forum. That comment should also get you promptly banned. And if by chance you are somehow a part of this organization, you will be it's demise.

Respectfully,

Robert
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]