DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 03-01-2007

skmods is on a distinguished road
Default Re: pci simple communications controller missing

I have the same problem only I cannot connect to the internet. It was running fine, I shut it down at night next morning Controller missing, no where to be found and no connection to the net.
I had my internet provider here, they could get a signal and get in to my machine from the back door yet nothing is coming out. I went to the website for my motherboard, found the drivers, and cannot download them! I tried on three different occasions but the operation keeps timing out. my mother board is not that old and I really can't afford a new one right now any suggestions would help. THANX
Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2007

n0 nAmE is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: pci simple communications controller missing

I also facing the same problem but without any modem install in my system. After install the Intel management Engine driver everything fix. Good luck.

Cheer

1. Error on PCI Simple Communications Controller in Device Manager

If the Intel® Management Engine driver has not been successfully installed, you may see an error on a "PCI Simple Communications Controller" in Device Manager.

To resolve this issue, install the Intel® Management Engine Interface driver for your desktop board. This driver can be installed from either:

The Express Installer CD that came with your board (in the Software\Driver\Advance_Fan_Speed_Control__AFSC folder)
The latest driver downloaded from Intel's Download Center.
Old 07-02-2007

masterblaster is on a distinguished road

Luch is correct it is probably looking for the chipset drivers and ini file for the motherboard ggod luck
Old 09-27-2007

Sippin45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboy
Any body help out just loaded windows xp pro keeps coming up with pci simpel communications controller needed any one help
thanks

If you are using a Dell Latitude D610 or similar, you have a TI PCMCI Card Slot with integrated Smart Card reader. The driver for the Smart Card is not being installed. This happens when clean installing WinXP or WinVista. In my case the following Dell Driver solved the problem."Vista 32 Drivers for TI PCI6515 Cardbus/Smartcard controller"

[URL]http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R165177&fo rmatcnt=1&libid=0&fileid=222314[/URL]

Hope I've helped you solve the problem...

Last edited by Jerry K : 09-28-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 11-06-2007

TUQAN is on a distinguished road

I too experienced this same PCI Simple Communications Controller call after reinstalling the OS (Windows XP Home w/ SP2) on a eMACHINE W3107. Likewise emachine does not list what apparently is a FAX MODEM driver on the support page for the W3107. In utilizing the emachine.com text Tech Chat utility it resulted with the following:

[url]http://support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?id=20571&dscr=PCI%20SoftV92%20Data%20F ax%20Modem%20with%20SmartCP%20Modem%20DriverVersio n:%207.23.00.00&uid=177045983[/url]

The driver's proper name on the gateway site is modem72300000.exe should the above link not work properly.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-14-2007

tech2 is on a distinguished road
idea Re: pci simple communications controller missing

It can also be when you install a serial card and you haven't loaded the drivers. You'll get the same error in device manager as you would for a pci slot or some other pci devices. So, it doesn't just pertain to one device.
Old 07-17-2008

dcox86 is on a distinguished road
Question Re: pci simple communications controller missing

I have a different story! In an older computer with win95 op sys, I found a pci modem and could not install or identify same. Its on a card with a chip labeled Intel(with no pn or no. of any kind). There are a few numbers on the pc but I haven't been able to make sense of any of them. Have tried to ID the card by using Belarc Advisor and Driver Magic withvery inconclusive results! One source says that when windows cannot ID the card it names it "pci simple communications controller". I believe that at one time this card was successfully used as a Modem on a computer using win95. I am interested in learning more!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]