DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Modems (300-56K, ISDN, Cable, DSL, ...)

Old 07-05-2009

tf43 is on a distinguished road
Default Agere Modem issue

I have downloaded over 10 different drivers, and am about to just give it up.
The system installing in is:
Dell GX1 small form factor, or GX100, service tag TY1XT - Dell site will show the system.
I have updated the BIOS to A10 from A07
Running XP Pro SP3
AVG 8.5 anti virus
The modem is suppose to be Agere SV92PL-T00 (or so the chip has on it)
Another sticker shows HP5188-2582
Made in China - Lite-On D1156A1A
I have downloaded modem830.exe, which never seems to finish loading, or at least the opening pop up never closes when finished installing the drivers.
Tried 41177, 41175, 41174 drivers, and D1156A1A drivers.
The modem has one jack, green housing...for what that is worth, but hopefully someone knows the silly thing.
XP never see's it, when I do get one to install, it ask for either com1 or com2.
I installed in another system using 2.1.88 driver, and of course tried on this unit.
Anyway, I am at a loss of what else to do to get the silly thing to work.
Any idea's out there?
Thanks for having a go at it.
Terry
Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2009
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Agere Modem issue

Go into bios setup and make sure Com1 or Com2 is enabled (but not both, unless the machine actually contains a physical serial port.)

If the machine contains a physical serial controller, then you need to disable Com 2 so the modem can use that port and leave Com 1 enabled so the machine will still have a working serial port. And if you never use the serial ports then just disable both. Some modems require a working Com port enabled and some don't.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]