DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Networking (NICs, Gateways, Routers, Firewalls, ...)

Old 01-29-2005
madwitech

Exclamation Can not find ethernet controller or PCI device drivers

Help. I have a generic pc and it has a motherboard model 1244, version9188c10102

all drivers loaded fine with the exception of the pci device and ethernet controller

i have an onboard ethernet port, all that i can find tht does not say unkown is the physical number on the part that says Stech? P29-112-11A9, which I can not find anywhere
all of the system info sofwater i have accessed says it is uknown

what should I do here?

the vednor ID for the unknown device is 8086/ device 2449
Sponsored Links

Old 01-29-2005
juvrax

have you tried using the installation cd for your motherboard? it should be in the installation cd.
Old 02-01-2005
madwitech

Default reply

dont have the install CD fro the motherboard
Old 02-11-2005
Cyberhic

Post Easy ID of PCI Devices

This will work for this as well as other pci devices in the future that you can not identify. Use Craig's PCI diagnostic software @ :

[url]http://members.datafast.net.au/dft0802/[/url]

You will need the PCI32.ZIP Version 1.0 10/02/2005 - Windows NT,2K,XP,2K3,.NET etc. version.

You have to run this at a dos prompt and pipe it to a text file for ease of use:

Lets say you download the file and extract it to "C:\" using any compression program. i.e, Winzip...

Then open a command prompt go to your windows start button and then: "Run -> CMD"

This will give you a dos box. Now type the following verbatum to run the program:

cd \ <enter key>
pci32.exe > C:\hardware.txt <enter key>

This will create a text file in the root of C:\ with a list of pci devices. Now look through it for one that is labled Network which will be the guy you are looking for.

Cheers...
Old 03-10-2005
Unregistered

Exclamation PCI Hardware Identifier and Configuration Utility

The following link takes you to a web site that offers a software utility that identifies your PCI devices and even allows you to change the configuation of them. BE VERY VERY WARY if you use it to change the configuration you might have to wipe out your current config.

The web site is at [url]http://www.h-oda.com[/url]. Click on the Download link on the left side of the web page.

Did you try running a search with the code numbers that you have posted on Microsoft's Technet web site?

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.mspx[/url]

I hope this helps.

Ron Holloway
Old 03-10-2005
Unregistered

[quote=Unregistered]The following link takes you to a web site that offers a software utility that identifies your PCI devices and even allows you to change the configuation of them. BE VERY VERY WARY if you use it to change the configuration you might have to wipe out your current config.

The web site is at [url]http://www.h-oda.com[/url]. Click on the Download link on the left side of the web page.

Did you try running a search with the code numbers that you have posted on Microsoft's Technet web site?

[url]http://www.microsoft.com/technet/default.mspx[/url]

I hope this helps.

Ron Holloway

Another thing you can do is reboot your computer and when the BIOS starts displaying the information about your hardware and their model numbers hit the pause key. Write down this information and then use the exact string that the BIOS displayed as your search criteria on various web sites.

To find search engines to search for your information type something like Motherboard Manufacturers or Chipset Manufacturers.

Ron Holloway
[email]noemailaddys@allowed.com[/email]
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]