DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Printers, Plotters, Multifunction Office Equipment

Old 01-18-2004
Sushanth

Question Installing network printer

I am having a HP 2300L laser printer connected to a windows 2000 pro. operating system. Which is available on the network. I have shared this printer on the network. I was able to configure this printer on Windows XP operating system on the network.
Now i am having a Windows 98 pc on the network but when i try to configure the printer which is connected to the windows 2000 Pro. pc.
Windows 98 operating system gives me an error stating :
\\ Ip address (Of the pc on which the printer is connected\PC$

and then it is not able to connect the windows 2000 pro. pc

Could you help me with this problem
Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2004
Iwan

Default Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushanth
I am having a HP 2300L laser printer connected to a windows 2000 pro. operating system. Which is available on the network. I have shared this printer on the network. I was able to configure this printer on Windows XP operating system on the network.
Now i am having a Windows 98 pc on the network but when i try to configure the printer which is connected to the windows 2000 Pro. pc.
Windows 98 operating system gives me an error stating :
\\ Ip address (Of the pc on which the printer is connected\PC$

and then it is not able to connect the windows 2000 pro. pc

Could you help me with this problem

Sushant ,I think you must Upgrade win98 to Win Xp-pro
or Win 2000-pro
Old 05-22-2004
Biggles77

You need to create an account on Windows 2000 that is the same as the one you have on Win98.
Old 05-24-2004
damien

in order to access a printer connected to a win 2000/XP system you either need to create a user logon account on the w2k/XP system that is the same as the win 98 system logon (user name/password) or use the administrator account from the w98 system (not a good idea)

after creating the user account on the w2k/XP system logonto the shared printer from w98, when prompted for a password enter the user name/password and select SAVE PASSWORD in system option
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]